Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

Wow! Happy Anniversary!  :)
Because we're all in this together...

TEO

QuoteCrazylove and I are celebrating our 21st anniversary today. I love her more now than ever!  :)

[smiley=beer.gif]  Awesome.  

(Wait, how old is Jake?  ;))
Do the Math Mr. Engineer... ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

wharf rat

21 years, congrats on the longevity you two!

TEO

Thanks everyone for your kind words concerning our anniversary. Even though I was not able to attend last evening's performance of Your Evening Windbreaker, I was able to obtain their much coveted setlist.  *Dondante
*Picture of You
*War Begun
*Coupla' Ryan Adams
*Fix It
*She don't use Jelly
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Wow, opening with Dondante!  Ambitious! ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

And a Flaming Lips song. Jacket + FLips = boooinng!

aMillionDreams

I bought myself a beat up old pickup truck that I absolutely love.  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ycartrob

QuoteI bought myself a beat up old pickup truck that I absolutely love.  

say more. I want one of these

aMillionDreams

Not that old but just as clunky.  It's a 96 Chevy S10.  Gray with a few spots of rust. My wife and I had been sharing a car for 2 years and I decided it was time to get that old truck I've always wanted.

There's no heat and the AC comes out where the heat should but I got it for a grand out the door. I busted out my old cassettes, which has been fun and nostalgic.

I drove around and picked up some UCGs ad OPBLs.  wait, wrong forum...

megalicious

before my granddad had his stroke, he used to drive a black '76 chevy silverado. i remember being little and riding around in that truck while we listened to creedence tapes.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

mjkoehler

before my granddad had his stroke, he used to drive a black '76 chevy silverado. i remember being little and riding around in that truck while we listened to creedence tapes.
Such a great memory.

megalicious

Such a great memory.

he bought the truck at an auto auction, and i remember that the truck's previous owners had affixed red dice on the tops of the door locks (inside the truck). i always wondered why they were there, and i asked pawpaw about it once, and he just laughed. makes me smile thinking about it.

:)

mjkoehler

Such a great memory.

he bought the truck at an auto auction, and i remember that the truck's previous owners had affixed red dice on the tops of the door locks (inside the truck). i always wondered why they were there, and i asked pawpaw about it once, and he just laughed. makes me smile thinking about it.

Awesome.

aMillionDreams

Such a great memory.

Awesome.

My grandfather had an old beat up Ford pickup that he used to let us stand up in the back of as we drove between his house and the farm, provided we didn't tell our mother.  

btw, I LOVE my truck.  Today was my first day driving it to work and it was great.  I told my kids about it in the morning and they were just as enamored by it as I am.  I told them it was kind of junky and they were like "I think it's awesome, Mr. Greenwood"!  Kids and trucks, it doesn't get much better than that.

weeniebeenie

It's been really cold and gloomy here for the past two weeks.
But the sun came out this afternoon in full force. :)
How loud can silence get?

goose

Such a great memory.

Awesome.

My grandfather had an old beat up Ford pickup that he used to let us stand up in the back of as we drove between his house and the farm, provided we didn't tell our mother.  

btw, I LOVE my truck.  Today was my first day driving it to work and it was great.  I told my kids about it in the morning and they were just as enamored by it as I am.  I told them it was kind of junky and they were like "I think it's awesome, Mr. Greenwood"!  Kids and trucks, it doesn't get much better than that.

My grandfather had a truck in my middle/high school years that was a 90 ish dodge ram.  I remember you could sit four comfortably in the bench seat and it had a huge RAM as a hood ornament.

When I was a little kid, he had a camoflauge van.  He was in the military so hence the paint colors.  I remmeber it had benches in the back with and he had these leapord print cushions in there. When he got rid of the van, we used them at our house to lay around on, or make forts in the basement.  

great memories...
Hooked on four like one, two, three

ritchiem4812

My neighbor has a truck similar to that. The only difference is that it's got a lift and it doesn't have those kind of running board.

megalicious

OMG. the blue bell ice cream company's pr guy came by our office with free ice cream.

i'm enjoying a new flavor called mocha madness: mocha ice cream with chocolate chunks, caramel swirl, and pecans.

man, i love my job
:D

aMillionDreams

QuoteOMG. the blue bell ice cream company's pr guy came by our office with free ice cream.

i'm enjoying a new flavor called mocha madness: mocha ice cream with chocolate chunks, caramel swirl, and pecans.

man, i love my job

Blue Bell is good stuff.  It just got up our way 2 years ago.

megalicious

QuoteOMG. the blue bell ice cream company's pr guy came by our office with free ice cream.

man, i love my job

Blue Bell is good stuff.  It just got up our way 2 years ago.

omg if they have it in the 'ville, try the banana pudding flavor. it's delish!