Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

QuoteOMG. the blue bell ice cream company's pr guy came by our office with free ice cream.

i'm enjoying a new flavor called mocha madness: mocha ice cream with chocolate chunks, caramel swirl, and pecans.

man, i love my job
:D

Blue Bell is good stuff.  It just got up our way 2 years ago.

omg if they have it in the 'ville, try the banana pudding flavor. it's delish!

My favorite is Anniversary Cake. Amaretto buttercream icing and pieces of vanilla cake throughout.  :o
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

megalicious

QuoteOMG. the blue bell ice cream company's pr guy came by our office with free ice cream.

i'm enjoying a new flavor called mocha madness: mocha ice cream with chocolate chunks, caramel swirl, and pecans.

man, i love my job

My favorite is Anniversary Cake. Amaretto buttercream icing and pieces of vanilla cake throughout.  :o

this sounds... amazing.
:o
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

ALady

*makes note for trip to TX next week*
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

man, i love my job

this sounds... amazing.
:o
BANANA PUDDIN FLAVOR?!?! ANNIVERSARY CAKE?!?!?! Dammit it, they need to sell this cream from heaven here. I thought St Louis was "south". Actually Russell Stovers near here (45 minutes) sells Blue Bell. Not a place I can easily run to.

TEO

In Bloomington chillin' with my gurl gettin' ready to hit the bars and go see Toubab tear The Bluebird to shreds with their wicked hot vibes... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tomEisenbraun

going to work accidentally tripping off my ass on Dayquil thinking it would help with my sinus stuff. It helped out my sinuses. And with reality. I spent three hours behind the register and it felt like twenty minutes. Realized at one point that I wasn't really lookign at people too much, so I made the effort and realize everything was going Waking Life on me. Sweet Jesus.

Therawho?

This is only a current joy because it was not as terrifying as it should have been. I will certainly not condone tripping on cough medicines of any kind, but as an accidental reaction to the stuff, I'll be the first to admit that it was quite humorous. My coworkers were getting a kick out of it, at least. Especially when I got out from behind the register and got really intrigued with everything for a solid half hour before I had to leave. Lots of textures, and I think I was only half joking as I was rubbing my coworker's t-shirt remarking about its softness. Oh Lord, I've got some sweeping up to do tomorrow.

Remind me to eat something next time I resort to the Dayquil? Or maybe just to stay home?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

kymomandstuff

;D
Great early morning story Tom!
Try to lay off the Tussin for a day or two and get some Zzzzzz's.Unfortunately I have no advice to get you out of rubbing on your co-worker. ;D
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

pawpaw

It's raining outside today, and I'm in bed drinking coffee and reading the new MOJO (Nick Cave cover story, awesome), with my 3 week old son sleeping next to me. He's just lovely.  :)

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

tomEisenbraun

Quote;D
Great early morning story Tom!
Try to lay off the Tussin for a day or two and get some Zzzzzz's.Unfortunately I have no advice to get you out of rubbing on your co-worker. ;D

They started joking about there actually being some X in this Dayquil, so I jokingly rubbed the shirt and turns out it was actually a lot more....texturous (?) than I was planning on?

I'll sort things out tonight...

capt. scotty

How much Dayquil did you drink? I think Ive purposely tried to robotrip before, and it never happened. I know Ive at least drank half a bottle of Nyquil before and nothing happened.

I think its a myth. Have they done a Mythbusters on this yet?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

tomEisenbraun

QuoteHow much Dayquil did you drink? I think Ive purposely tried to robotrip before, and it never happened. I know Ive at least drank half a bottle of Nyquil before and nothing happened.

Man, so here's my hypothesis.

I took some Nyquil the night before, totally exhausted on top of it. Went to bed around 5am, woke up for work at like 12:15 and took some Dayquil. All recommended doses, definitely not trying to induce a trip or anything.

Last night, I was feeling rather sinusoidal and figured it'd be a good idea to do get "hopped up on the quil" as I like to call it and just not do the Dayquil today. Same shit. I'm completely shit for brains right now, can't hardly focus on what's in front of me and a giant kicking headache to boot. I think the trick is probably in mixing the Nyquil and Dayquil, because I'm still pretty loopy, but not going all Waking Life today. I'm still gonna suck for customer service when I go into work in a half hour, but at least I'm not in a time warp this time. I'm throwing that shit out.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteHow much Dayquil did you drink? I think Ive purposely tried to robotrip before, and it never happened. I know Ive at least drank half a bottle of Nyquil before and nothing happened.

Its not a myth. Haven't tried Nyquil but other brands have had me tripping balls. I think Robitussin works well, as long as it has DXM in it it should work. I think I drank a whole bottle once and puked several times until it kicked in. I don't do this anymore and wouldn't recommend it.
I've had a cold last few days and have been taking Nyquil and night as well.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

FACE

BAHHAHAH I can sit up for more than an hour!  :)

getinthevan

Last night at work I got to see the end of Motley Crue's set.  It was way better than I expected and I got to hear 3 of the 5 Crue songs I like.  I love working for an arena.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

capt. scotty

Its not a myth. Haven't tried Nyquil but other brands have had me tripping balls. I think Robitussin works well, as long as it has DXM in it it should work. I think I drank a whole bottle once and puked several times until it kicked in. I don't do this anymore and wouldn't recommend it.

Why?

Outside of the throwing up, it sounds awesome
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Why?

Outside of the throwing up, it sounds awesome

Its probably not good for you. My friend was getting worried up until the last time I puked and I just started tripping all of a sudden.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

getinthevan

Ha!  One of my roommates and I had been going over to the parking ramp by our apartment on his rollerblades and my skateboard and riding around on it.  Today we saw that they built a big fence keeping anyone from going in through the parking lot next to it.  I guess that's the end of our harmless fun.

tomEisenbraun

waking up from the right kinds of beautiful dreams...

:)

getinthevan

After the past 7 days, my next paycheck is going to be AWESOME.  After the first 3 weeks of next month, I'll get a couple paychecks that are REALLY AWESOME.  I'm not particularly looking forward to working my fingers to the bone and literally doing nothing but sleeping and working, but the money will be nice to have.

TEO

Spending time with crazylove and our pup now. I am complete... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary