Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Quotesent my deposit to two colleges.

now i have to make a decision.

BETWEEN?!?!  :D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

FACE

Bard and The New School: Eugene Lang (Liberal Arts) --- and waitlisted at NYU Gallatin (wont tell me til as late as June 5th...)

Arrrghhh

pawpaw

QuoteBard and The New School: Eugene Lang (Liberal Arts) --- and waitlisted at NYU Gallatin (wont tell me til as late as June 5th...)

Arrrghhh

If you got NYU, would that be your first choice? Is Reed out of the running?

FACE

Got waitlisted at Reed, and didn't feel like committing to the school when I'm not pumped about the plane ride that far out (plus $$$ etc).  Just more waiting when all I want to do is graduate and go!

If I got into NYU, I'd go to the Gallatin School which is the school of Individualized majors --- for the most part, it's independent study with a few classes and an adviser.  It seems really tough and stuff.  While NYU is a great school and that would be an awesome opportunity, I feel like I could earn a liberal arts degree a lot easier elsewhere and be just as happy (and not so busy!). Plus, I got no idea what I want to study --- it could be anything from special education to semiotics to graphic design to teaching.
It's a hard decision to make, though.  It would also be easier to transfer from there than it would from Lang or Bard... and it's also the most expensive school in the country.

So I would have to really think.  I think since I remained on the waitlist, it's sort of assumed that I will go there if I get in.  Hmm.

mjkoehler

QuoteOh, could be.  It's a small world!

My best friend will be doing the marathon this year too, for the third year running (har).  Will you be training with a group or on your own?
Your RL initials are not SN are they? Didn't want to start throwing names out.

pawpaw

Well good luck Jenny.  :)

mjkoehler

QuoteVery cool!  The marathon route goes right past my house, I'm totally gonna make a sign for you   :)
Make sure you don't hand him a cup of coffee.   ;)

Go MJ!
Nice Kaely. Email coming yur way tonight with some details. You'll get a kick out of it.

FACE

QuoteWell good luck Jenny.  :)

Thanks duder.

FACE

I just spent a significant amount of time with Tom being a bro.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI just spent a significant amount of time with Tom being a bro.

totally bro'd down.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

aMillionDreams

The lilacs are blooming, their perfume is wafting through my open windows.  I love Spring!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Bumbeli

QuoteThe lilacs are blooming, their perfume is wafting through my open windows.  I love Spring!

Dear God, the smell of lilacs is the best thing in spring. When I was younger I used to lay down beneath the lilacs we had in our garden and just smell them for a few hours. Damn, life was great back then
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

mjkoehler

That is how it was last week with out Wisteria. Smells so damn good for about 2 weeks.

ALady

Apple blossoms and magnolias here.  Love it.

My best friend will be doing the marathon this year too, for the third year running (har).  Will you be training with a group or on your own?

Nope, not me.  But ooooh, maybe I have a doppelganger!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

QuoteApple blossoms and magnolias here.  Love it.

I think you do! My friend lives in Wrigleyville. Where on the route are you? And I'm training all by my lonesome here in St Louis.

mjkoehler

Officially registered for the race through the Rock For Reading charity. Come on, how could I not want to help a charity like that out? Once I get all the schtuff from them, I'll post a link for those that would like to donate. I feel like I have signed my life away.

Penny Lane

QuoteOfficially registered for the race through the Rock For Reading charity. Come on, how could I not want to help a charity like that out? Once I get all the schtuff from them, I'll post a link for those that would like to donate. I feel like I have signed my life away.

congrats, MJ. i'll start training for one again in July. Maybe we can trade some tips or war stories. I think Amy was up for one, too (weren't you girl!!?) ;-) Chicago is supposed to be flat and fast! I've always wanted to do that one.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

QuoteOfficially registered for the race through the Rock For Reading charity. Come on, how could I not want to help a charity like that out? Once I get all the schtuff from them, I'll post a link for those that would like to donate. I feel like I have signed my life away.

congrats, MJ. i'll start training for one again in July. Maybe we can trade some tips or war stories. I think Amy was up for one, too (weren't you girl!!?) ;-) Chicago is supposed to be flat and fast! I've always wanted to do that one.
Come on Amy, you can do Chicago with me! Flat and fast are #2 and 3 why I'm doing Chicago. I could have done the 2 local ones but way to hilly for me.

ALady

QuoteApple blossoms and magnolias here.  Love it.

I think you do! My friend lives in Wrigleyville. Where on the route are you? And I'm training all by my lonesome here in St Louis.

I'm just north of Wrigley, right where the route turns south again.  I think it's mile 7 or so.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

I'm just north of Wrigley, right where the route turns south again.  I think it's mile 7 or so.
Excellent. I'll keep an eye out.