Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

If you're up to 4 already, that is good. 4-6 is a good distance if you do that 3-4 times a week.

TEO

QuoteI almost didn't got for a run today (my sister lives in a small village, there's been lots of snow but none of the roads have been cleared so it's pretty slippery) but forced myself after seeing cracks of crimson between the clouds @ sunset.
My usual route was too icy so I turned off into a new street, which led me out into the Norfolk countryside. It was a fantastic feeling running alongside the snow-covered fields as the sun set without another soul in sight. I had my player on random & some great tracks came on (Bermuda Highway, Tim Buckley, Massive Attack, Pentangle, Mogwai, Mono etc) & it just felt really great to be alive.

Great story! A man unto himself... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Soulshine

QuoteI've been jogging a fair bit recently - no gym so I don't have any other options. It can be a chore but I do enjoy it most days & on a really good day when all the needed body parts are working properly & you hit that groove it's an amazing feeling.

How far do you guys run? I'm still a bit of a novice & usually only go about 4miles...not quite as impressive as marathon-man-Mike!  :-[ ;)

I usually only do about 3-4 miles. I need to start pushing myself harder to go further!
Because we're all in this together...

Soulshine

I'm house/dog/cat sitting. There is a windchill of about -15 out and we're supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow tonight. After the move out of my apartment and getting things organized for Boulder I'm totally vegging around, job searching, forum playing and watching their DVD's of Arrested Development. I'm going back to the electric blanket for a bit now.....

Sparkle

Got to leave work early due to the snow... it's the simple things that keep me happy  :)

Soulshine

QuoteGot to leave work early due to the snow... it's the simple things that keep me happy  :)

Snow days are the BEST days!!! You should make a snow angel. Enjoy your time off Sparkle!  :)

ALady

QuoteI'm house/dog/cat sitting. There is a windchill of about -15 out and we're supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow tonight. After the move out of my apartment and getting things organized for Boulder I'm totally vegging around, job searching, forum playing and watching their DVD's of Arrested Development. I'm going back to the electric blanket for a bit now.....

Brrrr!  Sounds like perfect weather to do exactly what you're doing   :)

Tonight I'm going to see the Big Lebowski for free at my favorite new venue...$3 Caucasians   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI'm house/dog/cat sitting. There is a windchill of about -15 out and we're supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow tonight. After the move out of my apartment and getting things organized for Boulder I'm totally vegging around, job searching, forum playing and watching their DVD's of Arrested Development. I'm going back to the electric blanket for a bit now.....

Tonight I'm going to see the Big Lebowski for free at my favorite new venue...$3 Caucasians   ;)

hey nice marmot, man...
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Soulshine

[highlight]Tonight I'm going to see the Big Lebowski for free at my favorite new venue...$3 Caucasians[/highlight]   ;)

Damn!! I want to do that! I've been eyeing their copy of Lebowski!! Have fun, but respect those caucasians...they'll kick you in the butt if you aren't careful!  ;)

mjkoehler

QuoteI've been jogging a fair bit recently - no gym so I don't have any other options. It can be a chore but I do enjoy it most days & on a really good day when all the needed body parts are working properly & you hit that groove it's an amazing feeling.

How far do you guys run? I'm still a bit of a novice & usually only go about 4miles...not quite as impressive as marathon-man-Mike!  :-[ ;)

I usually only do about 3-4 miles. I need to start pushing myself harder to go further!
sucked it up and went outside today. It warmed up to a balmy 30.

Soulshine

Holy crap dude....you got 30?! Are you supposed to get all the snow we are tonight into Friday morning? Its cold as balls here...we wont be seeing 30 for some time according to the forecast. This weather's going to drive me to drink....wait...  ;)

mjkoehler

Holy crap dude....you got 30?! Are you supposed to get all the snow we are tonight into Friday morning? Its cold as balls here...we wont be seeing 30 for some time according to the forecast. This weather's going to drive me to drink....wait...  ;)
Yeah, as soon as the sun went down, it got chilly. There is a fair amount of fine, SLICK, snow hitting the roads right now.

TEO

Getting ready to play with my new toy. A bangin' new Troy Bilt Snowthrower...

dragonboy

Photos TEO?

Good man for braving the elements Mike. I'm actually running everyday right now. I know you should rest your muscles but I was desperate to lose the weight I gained over Xmas + don't have much else to do with my time.
Inspired by Mike & Soulshine's posts I'm going to push myself & see if I can't add another half mile/mile or so to my run today.

Thanks guys!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

One more reason to be on fb my friend as there is a photo there. Thought of you yesterday when the wind cut down and took a walk through a 5 cm snow covered field by myself at sunset. It was very refreshing. A Man unto himself...

mjkoehler

Go for 5-6 DB. It's easy man, you can easily do it.

dragonboy

Yeah I need to do something with my FB account, joined last year sometime but haven't done anything since...

Not sure how far I ran (i tried to work it out on Google Maps but it's hard when you're running alongside fields) but I ran for a good 45mins, which is longer than usual.

Maybe we need a keep fit thread?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteYeah I need to do something with my FB account, joined last year sometime but haven't done anything since...

Not sure how far I ran (i tried to work it out on Google Maps but it's hard when you're running alongside fields) but I ran for a good 45mins, which is longer than usual.

Try www.mapmyrun.com

It's the greatest

Penny Lane

QuoteYeah I need to do something with my FB account, joined last year sometime but haven't done anything since...

Try www.mapmyrun.com

It's the greatest

i love that site.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Try www.mapmyrun.com

It's the greatest

i love that site.
Already mapped a couple routes in Orlando since I will have normal weather to run in for a week.