Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

QuoteI believe this qualifies.  

My dad, 74, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer exactly 5 years ago.  His form of cancer has a 2-3% survival rate after 5 years.

On Thursday, his oncology team discharged him from his treatment group.  A participant in an experimental treatment regimen for pancreatic cancer, my dad has been cancer-free for nearly three years.

The surgery, chemo, and radiation have beat the shit out of his body, but he is a lucky man.  And I, a lucky son.

Awesome, awesome news!

and...btw   RESEARCH ROCKS!!!  I love the fact that he tried an experimental regimen and it was effective for him!  

Best wishes! :D
.....Back at the Model Home

doctorinthehouse

QuoteAwesome YYac.  My mom's doctor gave her one year.   That was more than 5 years ago.  Feels damn good to win some.  It was her diagnosis and my love of MMJ that I believe brought me to this board and all of you lovely people.  It gave me someone else to talk to in a rough time in my life.  This was my first post.  Totally cheesy reading it back now. ;D  

God bless you and your dad JY.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1135958944/3#3

Not cheesy at all. It was good to welcome you here and become friends. I didn't realise it has been so long!

Great to know your mother's doing well  :)
The experiment requires that you continue.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

a current joy of mine is messing with all these new people that just joined.  a simple pleasure, yet a sadly satisfying one at that.  bring on the n00bs.

jones

Quotea current joy of mine is messing with all these new people that just joined.  a simple pleasure, yet a sadly satisfying one at that.  bring on the n00bs.

You are killing me with this presale password business.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotea current joy of mine is messing with all these new people that just joined.  a simple pleasure, yet a sadly satisfying one at that.  bring on the n00bs.

hehehe it's almost too easy.  I hope I don't break any hearts, it most certainly is not my intent.  

jones

hehehe it's almost too easy.  I hope I don't break any hearts, it most certainly is not my intent.  

ALady

Sticky, if you don't come to the Chicago show I'm going to be so upset.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

The Jacket playing about 20 minutes away from me - a General Admission show to boot - and I had a job interview go good so might finally not be unemployed!

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteSticky, if you don't come to the Chicago show I'm going to be so upset.

MMJ in Chicago has gotta one of the funnest crowds around.  I'll have to keep my eye on that show, I've got a cousin I could stay with who teachers there.  Wish it wasn't a tuesday...  need.to.see.my.morning.jacket.again.soon.or.i.will.die.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteThe Jacket playing about 20 minutes away from me - a General Admission show to boot - and I had a job interview go good so might finally not be unemployed!

hell yeah.  noice.

TEO

CAKE at Forecastle!!! It is time to get fattt... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

iLikeBeer

It's so great to hear stories of people actually kicking cancer's ass!  Unfortunately, my wife's father wasn't so lucky.  It's been 2 years since he's gone on to a better place.  He faught the good fight for 3 years!

TEO

Looking for a GREAT Pole Day this Saturday! Been years since I have gone and am going with my boy.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

SaraBananaBear

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7u3fl-hP8[/media]
Woohoo, things like this just makes me so happy :D And it's just one person and he's Swedish, crazy!  ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

NoVa_NoLa

Just accepted a new job in New Orleans!!  

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SaraBananaBear

QuoteJust accepted a new job in New Orleans!!  

Woohoo congrats!
:D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

ALady

NO WAY!

Congrats, Sha!!!  You must be beside yourself right now  :)

That's really, really awesome!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

weeniebeenie

Yay! :)
How loud can silence get?

NoVa_NoLa

Thanks, y'all!!   Even after wearing myself out celebrating last night, I was still too excited too sleep!  ;D

BH

Woohoo congrats!
:D

Awesome!  You must be on cloud 9!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.