Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

There seems to be a lot of post-YY weekend bliss happening today.

I dig it. I know I'm still smiling. I loved hearing him sing Paradise w/JP.

[size=14]Definite lynchpin[/size]

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TEO

Heading to MIZZOU tomorrow!!!  [smiley=beer.gif] :) [smiley=beer.gif]
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

QuoteHeading to MIZZOU tomorrow!!!  [smiley=beer.gif] :) [smiley=beer.gif]

back to school?  When you coming back thru?   Wanna go see Deer Tick and Dead Confederate with me Thursday?   (Worth a shot.  ;))
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

back to school?  When you coming back thru?   Wanna go see Deer Tick and Dead Confederate with me Thursday?   (Worth a shot.  ;))

Dude, like, I wish! Not leaving COMO until Friday...

Penny Lane

Niiiiiiice.  :) ;) Sounds like you and Crazylove are having a great summer.

TEO

Yes we are! Took about 5 shorter trips rather than 1 big one to VT. My current joy is being able to fix up Jake with a nice bed yesterday since he has been sleeping on a couch all summer. He was and is in constant Heaven... :) Now if we can just get the dog to settle when we leave the room... ;)

TEO

Sharing crazylove's home cooked chicken and noodles with 15 college students last evening was a total blast! They were busting each other's balls on and on. I loved it..."I kid because I love"-Anthony Bourdain-

Penny Lane

QuoteSharing crazylove's home cooked chicken and noodles with 15 college students last evening was a total blast! They were busting each other's balls on and on. I loved it..."I kid because I love"-Anthony Bourdain-

what're you runnin a frathouse up in there? i want in...i could use some home cooked food.  ;)

weeniebeenie

I just read a whole bunch of reviews of the Soundgarden show at the Vic Theatre. Even though I wasn't there, just knowing that they're back together makes me  :D.
How loud can silence get?

Crispy

Chills from Steam Engine while driving across the Mojave
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Totally raced a motorcycle at a light tonight and won.  It. Was. Awesome.

I looked over at him while the light was red and smirked, he revved his engine and I looked forward, Bam! green.  smoked him.  what a bitch.  

capt. scotty

QuoteTotally raced a motorcycle at a light tonight and won.  It. Was. Awesome.

I looked over at him while the light was red and smirked, he revved his engine and I looked forward, Bam! green.  smoked him.  what a bitch.  

You shouldve showed him your sidearm before the light went green. Much more baller.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteTotally raced a motorcycle at a light tonight and won.  It. Was. Awesome.

You shouldve showed him your sidearm before the light went green. Much more baller.

I don't like guns yo.

capt. scotty

I was talking to this lady I work with yesterday. She was saying how she went to Sheetz the other day for some food, but it was packed, and there was nowhere to park. I guess some guy started honking for her to move so he could get out, so she just had her car move at a slow crawl towards the exit. They get out of Sheetz, and the 1st red light theyre at, dude gets out of his car and starts yelling and swearing at her. After a little bit, she has her left hand down by her ankle and says "sir, please go back to your car. if you put your hands inside my car, im going to shoot you". he goes back to his car.

This lady is turning 60 in a couple weeks, so I tell her you didnt really have a gun, did you? Turns out she did and wouldve shot him!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

I "get" to go back to work this week!!!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

Penny Lane

QuoteI "get" to go back to work this week!!!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

i bet Mr. S is everyone's favorite teacher, too!

DiscoStu65

I'm pleased to announce that my BBQ team, Big Railroad BBQ, won 4th place in ribs and 2nd place in chopped/pulled pork bbq at the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival this past weekend.  This was the first event sanctioned by the NC BBQ Society.  Not too shabby for our first competition.  
My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

Penny Lane

QuoteI'm pleased to announce that my BBQ team, Big Railroad BBQ, won 4th place in ribs and 2nd place in chopped/pulled pork bbq at the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival this past weekend.  This was the first event sanctioned by the NC BBQ Society.  Not too shabby for our first competition.  

Nice job, Stu!!

johnnYYac

QuoteI "get" to go back to work this week!!!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

i bet Mr. S is everyone's favorite teacher, too!

TEO's a teacher?  Dyan, too.  And myself.  I've got two more weeks...

Have a good school year.  I understand the conflicting emoticons.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Life is good and I'm glad to know you people.
Saw some great live music this weekend and learned a few things.
Love weekend trips to Boston.
Finally found the Muppet album I'd been searching for...$3 vinyl.
Discovering Townes Van Zandt, who I'd only known in passing.
Weather has cooled down a little.
New running clothes.
Last week I had the first real conversation w/my mom today since her stroke...one where she asked me questions back. Felt good.
Love watching JJ do his thing, making the world a better place.