Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Murray

Just found out there is a hidden gem of a record store in town... I really wish I would have found this place earlier!!  Better late than never... hoping it lasts!!
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Ruckus

Debating between Tater's Balls and Jenny's Parrot as our new band name.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ffghtrs

Quote from: MamaKel on Dec 17, 2012, 01:20 AM

[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]
By E. E. Cummings
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                      i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

I've been reading some e.e. cummings lately...he is as enjoyable as cats are wise and lazy. 

(I went to a home with 5 cats today. It was a little piece of heaven.)

Thank you for that.  that was lovely and made my day.  I wish i could run to Borders and pick up another e e cummings book, because i love his imagery and word play.  His words are enigmatic and magical.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

woodnymph

Well I don't so much know where best to post this, but current joys seems appropriate  :smiley:  It's been one year today (well, 1/23) since my friend Jimmy was found; and I just really wanted to reiterate my thanks to you ALL for your gracious and sweet thoughtfulness during such a challenging time-- It will echo back to me forever! You guys are, of course, the best. No need to reply or write back and threadjack,  :tongue:   just wanted to share my continuous thanks to ya all

Much Much Love   Let's carry on with our many joys, hey!  :bath:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

e_wind

I've been kinda down for the last week or so because of an ended relationship, but for some reason I woke up today feelin' good, and plus have all this stuff to look forward to:

Maybe Jim in Nashville
Vacation with my friends in a couple months
Pearl Jam announces the Chicago show, and promises there will be more shows
Wilco at that fest in Ohio

plus, I'm going international this year: Guatamala in June to build a school and honor a friends memory, and then Europe possibly with 2 friends for the hell of it (depending on how much money I can save).

Good times ahead.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Ewind, I'm sorry about your breakup. That sucks.

e_wind

this is the "Joys" thread, guys
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 24, 2013, 01:40 PM
this is the "Joys" thread, guys

One man's joy is another's pain. Remember Rob Base and DJ EzyRock's immortal wisdom.

mjk73

So for those that actually remember and remember moi, I was planning to run the Goofy Challange at Disney. Boom muthafuckas. This happened 2 weeks ago and it was a blast (and hard but mostly a blast). Got to meet up with Rowan/KY Kid/Flyguy who also ran it. He's a heck of a guy and hella better runner than I.

mjk73

This. My deep freeze is now filled with ribs, chops, BACON, hocks, shoulder, ham, and other tasty porky goodness. 13th year of doing this.

http://instagram.com/p/VPpA5Ds4ZI/

tdb810

nicely done mjk!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

crazylove

I was keeping my Anniversary wishes to my husband of 25 years"safe". But then he went and made me feel so bad for all the nice things he posted on FB.
So here, I am friends, wishing TEO, the funniest, sexiest, most outrageous, loyal and loveable best friend ever, a Happy 25th Anniversary.  If you know him, you know everything I said and more is true. I can't believe it's already been 25 years. And I love him more now than ever! :kiss:
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

johnnYYac

Quote from: crazylove on Feb 12, 2013, 03:45 PM
I was keeping my Anniversary wishes to my husband of 25 years"safe". But then he went and made me feel so bad for all the nice things he posted on FB.
So here, I am friends, wishing TEO, the funniest, sexiest, most outrageous, loyal and loveable best friend ever, a Happy 25th Anniversary.  If you know him, you know everything I said and more is true. I can't believe it's already been 25 years. And I love him more now than ever! :kiss:
Happy Anniversary, crazylove and TEO! 

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Taterbug

Quote from: crazylove on Feb 12, 2013, 03:45 PM

:beer:   You guys are GREAT together.  I'm honored to be your friend and thankful to have you guys in my life.   :kiss:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TEO

THANKS GUYS!  I am at a point in my life when I could not be any happier! 25th anniv., impending retirement, wonderful son getting married to a wonderful gurl, purty good shape, 55th birday 3-3, good friends in my good jacket peeps, superior intellect, hair, hopslam, and plenty of travel on the horizon... :shocked: :thumbsup: :evil: :cheesy: :kiss: :beer: :drum:
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

crazylove

Quote from: TEO on Feb 12, 2013, 05:07 PM
THANKS GUYS!  I am at a point in my life when I could not be any happier! 25th anniv., impending retirement, wonderful son getting married to a wonderful gurl, purty good shape, 55th birday 3-3, good friends in my good jacket peeps, superior intellect, hair, hopslam, and plenty of travel on the horizon... :shocked: :thumbsup: :evil: :cheesy: :kiss: :beer: :drum:

Uh, the statement about superior intellect may be true. But his memory is not so superior.  He fed the dog and then asked me about 15 minutes later"If I(meaning crazylove)had fed the dog?!"  Guess that's the kinda stuff that happens after being married to me for 25 years! :grin:
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

ericm

Congrats Crazylove and Teo!! Quarter century is pretty impressive.   :cool: :thumbsup:  So glad you guys are going strong, and all the happy things happening for you.

Looking forward to seeing you two again sometime this summer. It wouldn't be the same if we missed this one after spending some great fun times together the past two. I'll see what I can do about the box fan, and straw hat, but I'll leave the machete to Teo. :wink:

Have a great anniversary,and many, many more.  :beer:

"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

Happy Anniversary TEO and CL!!!

My current joy is that two months from today the Flakester and I will be seeing Grinderman and The Stone Roses at Coachella.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

pawpaw

Quote from: crazylove on Feb 12, 2013, 05:53 PM
Quote from: TEO on Feb 12, 2013, 05:07 PM

Uh, the statement about superior intellect may be true. But his memory is not so superior.  He fed the dog and then asked me about 15 minutes later"If I(meaning crazylove)had fed the dog?!"  Guess that's the kinda stuff that happens after being married to me for 25 years! :grin:

:grin: Conratulations you two!  :beer:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ericm

My current joy is snagging a JJ ticket today for the whopping face value of $25.00 for his upcoming Philly show at Johnny and Brenda's on Monday!  :cheesy:  :grin:

Still a bit stunned at my good fortune, but thankful, and super stoked to be going to this show.    :smiley:  Next to seeing the guys in the Berkely Bar after the Sandy Benefit in Asbury, this will be the smallest place I'll have ever seen Jim in as far as the amount of people there.  :cool:
"Where's Jim going?"