Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
I'm very proud of my wife, who got a job offer that proves what I already knew - she is great at what she does (PhD toxicologist).  Now, we have to decide if we want to move from NH to Iowa...  :undecided:

Congratulations, Yac! You must be really proud of her! I hope whatever happens is what you both want.

johnnYYac

Its official!  Michele accepted the job at the State Hygienic Laboratory in Coralville, Iowa!  I have resigned my teaching position effective end of the school year.  We are putting our house on the market, preparing to sell, give away, or throw out half our belongings, and head to Iowa this summer. 

The most common response from friends, family, and colleagues?

"Does My Morning Jacket go to Iowa?"

Not since Jim fell off the stage, they don't.  HA! 

Looks like I'll be 3-4 hours from a lot of cool places, so I hope to see many of you in Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Omaha, or Milwaukee, if not Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, or Des Moines.  All that flatness should do wonders for my gas mileage, eh?

I will miss my Northeast/Southeast forum pals, but I'm sure some event will bring us together... eventually.

Oh, and I'll still be hanging around here from time to time. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

Wow, Johnny, that's a huge change, I hope it all goes well for you guys, best of luck. And I'll be seeing you more often at Midwestern US MMJ shows!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Good luck with a smooth move to the midwest Yac! Now that she's making the big bucks maybe you can squeeze in even more MMJ shows  :wink:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Fully

Congratulations, John! Iowa should be awesome!

Taterbug

Congrats to you and your family YAC,  I'll be seeing you around my parts for some shows  :beer:   I think your about 3 hours from me.   If you have an over abundance of MMJ posters and memorabilia you can't take in the big move I'll gladly take them off your hands as a favor  :thumbsup: :drum:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Penny Lane

Congrats, John (and family). Good luck with the house-selling! Looks like I'm headed back to the midwest this year myself so maybe you, Tater and I can three-some it at a show somewhere in the flatlands. Tater's treat. As far as MMJ, if you build it, they will come. (um..so start building something?)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Taterbug

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 30, 2013, 06:23 PM
Congrats, John (and family). Good luck with the house-selling! Looks like I'm headed back to the midwest this year myself so maybe you, Tater and I can three-some it at a show somewhere in the flatlands. Tater's treat. As far as MMJ, if you build it, they will come. (um..so start building something?)

The Midwest just upped its coolness factor.  " Taters treat " I like it.  We will make that happen.  For sure.   
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

LD

Quote from: Taterbug on Apr 30, 2013, 06:55 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 30, 2013, 06:23 PM

The Midwest just upped its coolness factor.  " Taters treat " I like it.  We will make that happen.  For sure.

The Midwest does have the coolest people, so John, you and the family will fit right in!  Congrats for sure!! Best of luck on the move!!
It's too late to play it safe so let's let it all ride

johnnYYac

Thanks for the well wishes.  :smiley:

searchinbig

Hey John, great news! Best of luck to all of you. Hope the kids adjust easily. Just keep rockin' with them!!

Here's to new beginnings. We all need them!  :beer:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

headhunter

Hey John, good luc with all of the details and Mrs. HH and I wish you good health, happiness and music in all of your future endeavors.  I know we still have many shows ahead of us together but know that you always have a NY place to stay if you want to travel back east for some future epic series of shows.

Geez, losing Yac and Penny Lane from the east coast in the same summer is the biggest loss since the Dodgers left Brooklyn for the West Coast!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Penny Lane movin' away too?

weeniebeenie

Good luck with the move John and all the new endeavours that come your way. :smiley:
How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 30, 2013, 11:07 PM

Sorry, not to derail your move convo, but I got approved this week to become a full-time telecommuter so probably after August I'll be leaving NYC. Not exactly sure yet but probably will head to Ohio and then maybe end up in GA (East Nashville would be awesome, too). We shall see. Very sad to leave the northeast MMJ crew as we've got a great group. (..But happy that I'll be closer to some others, such as TEO and Crazy, possibly Fully, if I can handle her..)

and PS--this will free up a lot more travel funds for shows, so in the end, you'll still see me everywhere  :cool:

double PS--I'll be driving a CAR, too! Way excited about that. Haven't had one in 10 years...stay off the sidewalks! I've got a lead foot and bad eyesight (but will have great bumper stickers--Todd Snider rules will be my first)..

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 01, 2013, 09:56 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 30, 2013, 11:07 PM

Sorry, not to derail your move convo, but I got approved this week to become a full-time telecommuter so probably after August I'll be leaving NYC. Not exactly sure yet but probably will head to Ohio and then maybe end up in GA (East Nashville would be awesome, too). We shall see. Very sad to leave the northeast MMJ crew as we've got a great group. (..But happy that I'll be closer to some others, such as TEO and Crazy, possibly Fully, if I can handle her..)

and PS--this will free up a lot more travel funds for shows, so in the end, you'll still see me everywhere  :cool:

double PS--I'll be driving a CAR, too! Way excited about that. Haven't had one in 10 years...stay off the sidewalks! I've got a lead foot and bad eyesight (but will have great bumper stickers--Todd Snider rules will be my first)..

I'll be happy to teach you to drive safely :grin: (sorry, I just ran over a curb)

johnnYYac

Congrats, Christine.  Sounds like a perfect transition for your travellin' ways!  :thumbsup:

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on May 01, 2013, 10:23 AM

I'll be happy to teach you to drive safely :grin: (sorry, I just ran over a curb)

one of my favorite Forecastle weekend memories:  :grin:

first 10 seconds riding in the backseat of Fully's car
Fully: "You guys, I'm a horrible driver."
CRUUUUUUUUUUNCH
(Car mirror sideswipes the ticket taker as we're pulling out of the GALT parking lot.)
Fully: "See??"

Hawkeye

Yac moving to Iowa and Penny moving to Ohio...both my old stomping grounds.  Good luck in your new homes!
We could.

capt. scotty

Dont ask me why a hospital will offer you a job and let you accept it before doing a background and reference check, but I found all that came back good today so its official!! I'll join Yac and Penny in the relocation crew, moving to Virginia Beach on friday!

Also got the Ben Harper show in DC tomorrow night! Havent seen him live in 5yrs, and the new album is his best in at least 15yrs, IMO. Cant wait.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons