Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

@ Walt's post about Philly vs Pitt

I look at it in terms of distance. I have way more memories of  Delaware, NJ, and NY and would take alliance to them over Pittsburgh. I am not only closer in terms of distance but in feelings too.  If we are talking about some kind of succession of course. I consider an hour west of Philly to begin the mid west. I have only briefly been to Pittsburgh and I know most of the rest of PA should be called Pennsyltucky. I have no hard feelings towards them, they are like that cousin who you know there name but pretty much nothing else. The only thing that brings relevance to our relationship now is hockey. I was kinda hoping for an Eagles/Steelers super bowl to ignite a new rivalry.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

.Walt

I'd love to see a Philly vs Pitt super bowl, that'd be something. It's really a shame that you guys don't have more of a rivalry. But I think any rivalry involving Philly makes for good TV.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Vadie Stark

A's :( can't
Cat's :)  can

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

.Walt

QuoteA's :( can't

not fair, you can't cheer for both!  ;)

Vadie Stark

QuoteA's :( can't

not fair, you can't cheer for both!  ;)
Sure can! Down on the farm we have it both ways ;)

.Walt

Hey guys, sorry about the half naked man-hug at the top of the page. Let's burn through this and act like it never happened. And yes,  I could just delete the picture.

Taterbug

QuoteHey guys, sorry about the half naked man-hug at the top of the page. Let's burn through this and act like it never happened. And yes,  I could just delete the picture.

The man-hug dudes  are WAY  to tan to be from Minnesota anyway  ;).
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

.Walt

QuoteHey guys, sorry about the half naked man-hug at the top of the page. Let's burn through this and act like it never happened. And yes,  I could just delete the picture.

The man-hug dudes  are WAY  to tan to be from Minnesota anyway  ;).

so true! so very true!  ;D

Tater, you did see my post about Joe Mauer and the corn right?

red

QuoteSide note, K, I didn't realized up until the last series, the jays beat the twins I like 13 or 16 times in a row. No avatar bets this year brother. Okay, maybe one, just because I like to gamble. Watch any Jays games this year? Do you have a TV anymore? Have you seen the Jays pitcher with the sweet mustache? If you only have time to answer one question, answer the mustache one!   8-)

.Walt

QuoteSide note, K, I didn't realized up until the last series, the jays beat the twins I like 13 or 16 times in a row. No avatar bets this year brother. Okay, maybe one, just because I like to gamble. Watch any Jays games this year? Do you have a TV anymore? Have you seen the Jays pitcher with the sweet mustache? If you only have time to answer one question, answer the mustache one!   8-)

Frank "freaking" Viola! Do the Jays talk about that? KC announcer did. Thanks for not rubbing the losing streak in my face.  ;D

red

I've been avoiding all Jays-related talk this year, don't want to jinx this great start.  My only complaint is that my favourite Jay (John McDonald) hasn't seen much action, but he's apparently alright with that.  

.667!  

.Walt

QuoteI've been avoiding all Jays-related talk this year, [highlight]don't want to jinx this great start[/highlight].  My only complaint is that my favourite Jay (John McDonald) hasn't seen much action, but he's apparently alright with that.  

.667!  

Don't look now, but I think you just did! ;)

Yeah, the Jays are playing really well. And two of your guys' best pitchers are on the DL (other than The Good Doctor). I usually draft one Bluejays pitcher. I'd love to see the Jays do it. Good luck, and maybe we'll see you in here a little more now, I mean, since you already jinxed them.

red

QuoteDon't look now, but I think you just did! ;)

Yeah, the Jays are playing really well. And two of your guys' best pitchers are on the DL (other than The Good Doctor). I usually draft one Bluejays pitcher. I'd love to see the Jays do it. Good luck, and maybe we'll see you in here a little more now, I mean, since you already jinxed them.
Sorry, didn't have time to read that.  Been too busy re-living memories: http://fr.truveo.com/Joe-Carters-WS-walkoff/id/3997301049

;D

.Walt

QuoteDon't look now, but I think you just did! ;)

Sorry, didn't have time to read that.  Been too busy re-living memories: http://fr.truveo.com/Joe-Carters-WS-walkoff/id/3997301049

;D

I think I told you about the Joe Carter Indians folder in 1st grade = Joe Cater's #1 fan!.

Funny story about Mitch Williams. I was listening to sports talk radio, and the host had a buddy on who bought Wild Things house. Legend has it, that in the basement Mitch had a Lazy-E-Boy that he threw baseballs at in the corner. Needless to say ball marks were all over the wall. The guy swore by it  ;D

capt. scotty

I wonder if A-Rod has moved onto this stuff yet

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0M5FtN164w[/media]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

This guy missed the message

As long as you keep a straight face...

Vadie Stark

I should post in current joys too ;)

Here's 4/28 at the office. Infielder Gregorio Petit and pitcher James Simmons watching Gio Gonzalez work both Gio and Petit got the call from the A's soonafter ;)

Leontheslut

Beer and baseball in the morn? Count me in!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Vadie Stark

QuoteBeer and baseball in the morn? Count me in!
8-) Cool we'll go an hour early and spill beer [smiley=beer.gif] and bbq sauce on the home battery during workout. I'll buy you a tri tip sangwich w/ onion tanglers, sauce, and bleu cheese crumbles yuuuuummmm... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

.Walt

QuoteThis guy missed the message

;D