Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

red i think you need to take some liquid performance enhancing drugs.

softpitch hall of famer

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

also good luck tonight red!

red

Thank you thank you.  I think you're right, this Friday I'll get on the liquid program.  

I should also mention that dropping a very loud 'F-Bomb' after dropping that first ball didn't go over to well with the Man of God (Minister/Priest/Something) who's on my team.  

:o

red

24 - 16 win tonight!!!  Our bat's were on fire (not mine) but this guy Kevin jacked two long bombs.

Nice win for the Jays too!!!

.Walt

Quote24 - 16 win tonight!!!  Our bat's were on fire (not mine) but this guy Kevin jacked two long bombs.

Nice win for the Jays too!!!

24 damn, sorry about your luck. do you have the rule, if you strike out you have to buy the beer?

if you need the "competitive edge?" heres something you can do!

.Walt

bermuda, it could get ugly in our fantasy league. pinchie hitters, is a cock smoke  dumbass, who cheated in our money league. i called him out on it, because he cheated against my team. he text messaged me "next time we meet, there won't be any words, just fists" like he was chuck norris or something.  all because he cheated, and somehow i'm the bad guy. so it could get really ugly.

.Walt

tater, you knew i was going to do this...

Taterbug

Sorry about your broom Tripps,  :)

I like A.J. as a gamer but sometimes I wonder WTF is going on inside his head.
I personally thought AJ took the left side of the bag on his previous at bat also.
Ozzie And A.J. need to just shut up and do what they are payed to do, before the cancer they are creating spreads into the clubhouse. I'm not taking anything away from the Twins, You guys outplayed us at every aspect of the game.  24 walks in a 3 game series is a joke, And walk in the winning run  :-? are you kidding me.  I wish we had Gardy as our coach.  Maybe next time Tripps. The season is but a fetis. There is still time to turn it around, I hope.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

red

I didn't think I could hate the Yankees anymore, until last night.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=209405&hubname=

Man, I love Johnny Mac so much, possibly my favorite current Jay.

.Walt

Sorry about your broom Tripps,  :)

I like A.J. as a gamer but sometimes I wonder WTF is going on inside his head.
I personally thought AJ took the left side of the bag on his previous at bat also.
Ozzie And A.J. need to just shut up and do what they are payed to do, before the cancer they are creating spreads into the clubhouse. I'm not taking anything away from the Twins, You guys outplayed us at every aspect of the game.  24 walks in a 3 game series is a joke, And walk in the winning run  :-? are you kidding me.  I wish we had Gardy as our coach.  Maybe next time Tripps. The season is but a fetis. There is still time to turn it around, I hope.

a.j. is dirty, i really liked him. when he was with the gaints, he wouldn't work with the pitchers, because he was to busy watching twins games.

mjkoehler

No matter how mediocre the Cards are this season, it absolutly warms my heart to see the Yankees and the Cubs doing so poorly. Sorry all you Yanks and Cubs fans. This should be proof positive that you just cannot buy your way into a great season. Now if the damn Cards can figure out how to run, hit, pitch, and field good all in the same game. Up down up down. Driving me nuts......

.Walt

QuoteNo matter how mediocre the Cards are this season, it absolutly warms my heart to see the Yankees and the Cubs doing so poorly. Sorry all you Yanks and Cubs fans. This should be proof positive that you just cannot buy your way into a great season. Now if the damn Cards can figure out how to run, hit, pitch, and field good all in the same game. Up down up down. Driving me nuts......

my heart warms too brother!!. i hate the yankees!!!... hate!!. i also hate the cards too. it just seems nobody in the NL central wants to win, and the brewers are getting handed the division. My NL team  8-)

red

Down by five going into the bottom of the 9th.  Now we're tied with only one out.  Jaimoe are you watching this?

red

QuoteDown by five going into the bottom of the 9th.  Now we're tied with only one out.  Jaimoe are you watching this?
Oh shit, that was so sweet!!!  Most exciting Jays inning I've watched yet this year.

Jaimoe

I was watching. I'm glad they won and let Doc off the hook. Entertaining game to be sure.

.Walt

thanks jays for taking 3 outta 4 against CWS.

but the twins lost another one. it hurts because they're going up against my favorite player, Vlad. ..Man crush!!

rugbird

Quotethe brewers are getting handed the division. My NL team  

Big game this afternoon.  Brewers have a tough lineup and the best closer I've seen with Turnbow to setup.

Lets see what Zambrano can do today.  I think the Cubs have their lineup confusion settled.  Cliff Floyd in right, with Theriot and Derosa at short and second.

And enjoying the cubs sucking is some cheap thrills I must say!

beammeup

phils sweep the mets, then lose to the royals  :-/

Jellyfish

CT,what are the locals saying bout Hunter's jab(not sure if it was a jab) at Mauer about not playing injured?
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

.Walt

QuoteCT,what are the locals saying bout Hunter's jab(not sure if it was a jab) at Mauer about not playing injured?

the sports talk radio station (KFAN), hasn't talked about it yet. i'm sure on monday its going to be talked. i did hear an interview with ron coomer, and he agreed with torii. but i think it was a jab, and torii was and is right. KFAN has brought this up before. I actually was telling people the same thing torii said. they got pissed at me, and told me to take my twins hat off. nobody is really 100% all the time. there is a difference between playing with pain, and being hurt. everyone thinks mauer "baby jesus" can just get a free pass.

what do you think about torii's comments?