Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

Twins beat the Rangers 1-0 today...Santana got the win......but only a one run victory.....they can't score runs against the opposing pitcher when Santana pitches cause the other team,more often than not,has their ace on the mound as well.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

aMD

Quoteamd, b. webb!! good lord.  :o

8-)

orel who?

if he throws one more he's got another cy young, if he throws two more he's a legend.  wow!

Jellyfish

QuoteTwins beat the Rangers 1-0 today...Santana got the win......but only a one run victory.....they can't score runs against the opposing pitcher when Santana pitches cause the other team,more often than not,has their ace on the mound as well.

I didn't know at the time of the above post but Santana struck out 17 batters in that game!!!!!!! :o

.Walt

QuoteTwins beat the Rangers 1-0 today...Santana got the win......but only a one run victory.....they can't score runs against the opposing pitcher when Santana pitches cause the other team,more often than not,has their ace on the mound as well.

I didn't know at the time of the above post but Santana struck out 17 batters in that game!!!!!!! :o

and that right there is why he's the best pitcher in baseball. he could easily be 17-5 right now, and 17 strikeout would have just locked up the cy young. but he's not.  ::)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

5 in a row, still in it!!!

.Walt

Jelly well i'm ready to say, its over. and i'm not happy with the way things are going into the off-season. it doesn't look like Torii is coming back, and Santana is unhappy. this is going to be a interesting off-season.

Jellyfish

QuoteJelly well i'm ready to say, its over. and i'm not happy with the way things are going into the off-season. it doesn't look like Torii is coming back, and Santana is unhappy. this is going to be a interesting off-season.

Agreed,on all points.....we just can't get any consistent wins going.Up and down...it's been a frustrating year for me.

red

Well the Tigers deserved that.  F*cking Gibbons, why'd you pull Halladay you douche.  I said this would be the last Jays game I watch if they don't win, so next year...

Go Tigers / Angels!!!

.Walt

still pulling for the Brewers!! gotta keep the faith.

Jellyfish

Well fuck  >:( :
QuoteMINNEAPOLIS -- Terry Ryan, the Twins' general manager for the past 12 seasons, resigned his position on Thursday.

Bill Smith, formerly vice president/assistant general manager, was named to be Ryan's replacement.

Ryan, who will stay within the organization as a senior adviser to the general manager, has engineered the Twins to winning the American League Central Division title in four of the last six seasons and won The Sporting News Executive of the Year in 2006.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070913&content_id=2206101&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

I guess I knew somefin was wrong when he made that lame trade before deadline.What you hearing up that away,Captain T?

.Walt

i just found out a little bit ago, i'll listen to KFAN tomorrow and hear whats going on. but this is strange. its  going to be a great off-season, isn't? the twins are falling apart, and i'm worried.

rugbird

Its D-day for you BH.   :)  

You were right about Soriano.  Im hating that dummass. >:(

BH

They brought me back in and then dashed my hopes again!  I havn't given up 100% but I'm starting to put together my white flag.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rugbird

Yea, dont give up.  Its still the Cubs.

Brewers have 10 home games still.  Should be interesting.

BH

Quote Should be interesting.

That's for sure.  Even if we fall totally out of it, I'm looking forward to the Cubs/Brewers race to the end.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

.Walt

QuoteLETS GO PHILS!!!! ;D

i'm cheering for you!!
if the brewers and phils make it, that would be great!

.Walt

Torii's "maybe" last home game. he still talks like there's still a chance of him staying in Minnesota.  

BH

Alright rugbird, let's get this over with.  Let me know what my new avatar is going to be.

Congradulations to your Cubbies.  Now you know, that this is just going to build you up for an even more dissapointing ending, right? ;)

EAZYE

sorry to hear that hermo ;)

how long do you have to sport that new cubbies avatar?

any chance we can get an avatar bet on the OU vs. Mizzou game?
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away