Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteHow's Glaus doing? I heard he hit his first homerun recently. Rolen already has one HR in a couple of games back.

Glaus started out super cold but I think he's heating up.  Carpenter remains our favorite former Blue Jay. ;) Eckstein can be a "sneaky" good fielder if that makes sense.  He doesn't have huge range but he rarely made errors in St. Louis, I think he will get past that.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Foxtrot76

GO CUBS!

Looks like the pitching match ups worked out pretty good for my birds this weekend.  You guys could be 3-4 games back by Monday! ;)

Friday       Wainright vs. Hill
Saturday   Lohse vs.  Lilly
Sunday     Wellemeyer vs. Marquis

Uh yeah you could say that. Lohse and Wellmeyer are totally exceeding expecatations right now. Although I think Lilly's finaly getting back on track. Went to the game again last night. 19 runs against Milwaukee! Right now the offense looks so good I don't think it matters who we match up against...

bearass

fuck those cubs im gonna be at the 4th of july series i love this rivalry

Taterbug

Quotetater!

Twins looked tough. Blackburn was stellar , he has a wicked curve.

I think it was game 1  that you won by about 3" inches, when Thome put it  off the top of the left-center field wall.  I felt deflated after that game.  

Off to Toronto and Marcum. hopefully we can get those bats crackin  again.
Watch out  for those Tigers,  1 1/2 game lead  is close enough me.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

The DARK

Quotefuck those cubs im gonna be at the 4th of july series i love this rivalry

It is clear we have reached a dividing point.

In another time, in another place, in another face

bearass

cubbies are playing sloppy tonight

.Walt

QuoteI'm waiting for Ozzy to start shootin his mouth off and destroy  the team chemistry.    

the waiting is over!!

remember last year when he got into it with Mike North? yeah, i was in milwaukee, fell asleep with the Score on, woke up to Ozzie and Mike yelling at each other. I thought i was dreaming, it was awesome!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

Fuck I hate Izzy. How many more saves does this guy have to blow before the look at getting someone else in there.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bearass

QuoteFuck I hate Izzy. How many more saves does this guy have to blow before the look at getting someone else in there.
apparently a couple more

bowl of soup

Is there a better top-to-bottom pitching staff in MLB than the Rays?  NO!
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

bowl of soup

So, is the world ready for the Sunshine Series?  The Marlins and Rays combined payroll puts them behind most teams.

The Marlins will fade; the Rays will not - pitching and defense prevents slumps.  The Rays defense last year was historically bad - we're second in MLB this year.

.Walt

k, first time this year we square off. 3 game series...let's do this!!!!!

red

Quotek, first time this year we square off. 3 game series...let's do this!!!!!
Oh, it's on!  I'm just hoping this doesn't happen again...
http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200805122689761

.Walt

ha that had to suck to see happen, but then again it's so rare, you almost have to tip your cap to him. i've been hoping for the jays success. you guys have a very good rotation. too bad about the sticks though, and the injury bug. letting the big hurt go was it a mistake? i really don't know what happened there, maybe you or Jaimoe could fill me in. Was it a attitude issue or performance?  

let's make a avatar bet. i'll rep a jays avatar for a week, or you'll rep a twins avator. also the person who wins can make the message underneath . you in?  

red

Quoteha that had to suck to see happen, but then again it's so rare, you almost have to tip your cap to him. i've been hoping for the jays success. you guys have a very good rotation. too bad about the sticks though, and the injury bug. letting the big hurt go was it a mistake? i really don't know what happened there, maybe you or Jaimoe could fill me in. Was it a attitude issue or performance?  

let's make a avatar bet. i'll rep a jays avatar for a week, or you'll rep a twins avator. also the person who wins can make the message underneath . you in?  
You're on!  

As for the Big Hurt, I think it was a little of both.  He was slumping and got the bench.  Obviously wasn't impressed, and both sides seemed happy to part ways.  Jaimoe can probably add some more insight.

We've got the rotation, but absolutely no offense.  It's enraging.  So is Vernon's injury.  

LONG LIVE JOHN MCDONALD!!!

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

bowl of soup

The Tampa Bay Rays (I have now officially dropped the "Devil") have the best record in the American League.  It is not a fluke.  We have swept the Red Sox, the Blue Jays, and the Angels.  We gave Rivera his first loss of the season last night (hell, it was the first run anyone's scored on him).  Our defense is spectacular night after night.  I'd take our pitching staff over any other staff in baseball.  Our offense is just getting started.

.Walt

QuoteGo Twins!!!  :)
Nice Jelly! what's your thoughts so far? do you think we have a chance?

oh and K, if the twins lose tonight, i'm not changing it until after the series is over. halladay is on the mound...

Jellyfish

QuoteGo Twins!!!  :)
Nice Jelly! what's your thoughts so far? do you think we have a chance?

oh and K, if the twins lose tonight, i'm not changing it until after the series is over. halladay is on the mound...

I think our chances are good considering how tight the AL Central is.I am really pleased how Gomez and Hernandez are performing after losing Santana and Hunter.

We took 3 outta 4 from the defending champs over the weekend,awesome!!!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need