Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxtrot76

QuoteWe do try here in St Louis to be nice.

Such a friendly place. We really had a fantastic time down there. Went to a sushi place called the Drunken Fish that was awesome! But man, that river is still pretty high. Looked like the entire riverwalk was still flooded...

Jaimoe

I'm pretty thrilled that three Canadians made it to the upcoming All-Star game: Justin Morneau, Russell Martin and Ryan Dempster. I'm not surprised my man Roy Halladay got selected, but fucking hell do the Jays have awful bats. Talk about a pitching staff that doesn't get ANY run-support.

mjkoehler

Such a friendly place. We really had a fantastic time down there. Went to a sushi place called the Drunken Fish that was awesome! But man, that river is still pretty high. Looked like the entire riverwalk was still flooded...
yep. Eaten at Drunken Fish before. I'm assuming you were at the one in Lacledes Landing? The river looks like its finally receeding as the flood plain near the bridge I cross wasn't as flooded as it was last week.

BH

Hey how did I miss this Cards - Cubbies talk?  

Foxtrot we are nice, but we're still going to be super excited when the Cubs collapse this year after trading away all of their young talent for a temporary pitcher. ;D

(Actually, I'm scared as hell.  Harden is on my fantasy team and I think you are going to be happy with that move.  The Brewers are trading for a playoff run, the Cubs are playing great in July, WTF is going on?  Armaggeddon must be coming soon.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Foxtrot76

yep. Eaten at Drunken Fish before. I'm assuming you were at the one in Lacledes Landing? The river looks like its finally receeding as the flood plain near the bridge I cross wasn't as flooded as it was last week.
yeah, we were at the Laclede's one. It was weird seeing people walk down the streets with open alcohol. There are some pretty cool bars down there. We went to Joey B's and ended up partying with Cardinal fans all night. There was some dude in the street talking about free beer in one of the bars, I forgot which one. Needless to say, we had to check it out. We had to go into some basement of this bar, it reminded me of a haunted house or something. After all that, it turned out to be Miller Lite. Oh well, it WAS free.  ;D

Foxtrot76

QuoteHey how did I miss this Cards - Cubbies talk?  

Foxtrot we are nice, but we're still going to be super excited when the Cubs collapse this year after trading away all of their young talent for a temporary pitcher. ;D

(Actually, I'm scared as hell.  Harden is on my fantasy team and I think you are going to be happy with that move.  The Brewers are trading for a playoff run, the Cubs are playing great in July, WTF is going on?  Armaggeddon must be coming soon.)

HA! Yeah, the Cubs got through their usual 'June Swoon' unscathed so I'm hoping for the best. Although everyone knows how that usually ends up.  :-[

I just love how all the so called experts were knockin the NL Central as the weakest division in the NL and right now the top 3 teams in the NL are the cubs, cards and brewers. It's gonna be a helluva stretch run!

mjkoehler

yeah, we were at the Laclede's one. It was weird seeing people walk down the streets with open alcohol. There are some pretty cool bars down there. We went to Joey B's and ended up partying with Cardinal fans all night. There was some dude in the street talking about free beer in one of the bars, I forgot which one. Needless to say, we had to check it out. We had to go into some basement of this bar, it reminded me of a haunted house or something. After all that, it turned out to be Miller Lite. Oh well, it WAS free.  ;D

Ahh, that would be Club Booca. I like the gas lamps there. First time I went there, I thought I walked into a goth/vamp bar until I saw that the patrons certainly were not of the Bram Stocker/Goth crowd.

Bigsky

Poor TB...Red Sox are on the move... :)

bowl of soup

QuotePoor TB...Red Sox are on the move... :)

Don't get too excited.  Our pitching has still been great, our bats just went to sleep over the last 3 games.  They wake up tonight in Cleveland.  We're still 11-4 over our last 15 and 3 of  those losses were in extra innings.

Wait until we add Jason Bay before the trade deadline.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

bowl of soup

harpua51

How have I missed this thread....!!!!!!

Die Hard Tribe Fan here...this year mostly dying!

I hated to see CC go.  It absolutely broke my heart.  

Then I got over it when I realized that we got Matt LaPorta.  Things are going to be alright in Cleveland.  Just not 08 ;)

Bigsky

Don't get too excited.  Our pitching has still been great, our bats just went to sleep over the last 3 games.  They wake up tonight in Cleveland.  We're still 11-4 over our last 15 and 3 of  those losses were in extra innings.

TB is have a great season, and they are the team to catch. We (being the RS) need some waking up, and it looks like we have started to open our eyes a bit...

TheBigChicken

TB is have a great season, and they are the team to catch. We (being the RS) need some waking up, and it looks like we have started to open our eyes a bit...
Damn no kidding Sky the Sox are on FIRE....still GO RAYS :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

what up K ....how was the glitter....how was the doom ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

harpua51

How about my Tribe sweeping the 1st place Rays!

Go Tribe

Jaimoe

R.I.P. Bobby Murcer. I hope you are now throwing the ball around with your friend Thurman Munson.

Bigsky

The Red Sox are back on top baby...just in time for the break. I would like to thank Cleavland for their support during this difficult time. I would even like to thank the Yankees (suck) as well for their sweep of the Rays. We couldn't have done it with out you.

bowl of soup

Wow.  One week ago yesterdy we were 5 games up on the Sawx and today we're in 2nd.  Maybe we are a fluke.  The round thing that they throw around the field must be hit in order to win.  I have never seen a team hitting slump like this.  It's a shame that there are only 6 games left with the Sawx.