Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

I refuse to watch this game because it has caused there to be no Sunday Night Football

PIT vs NYG should be on tonight but freaking baseball is on, yay
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

This series will probably be Phillies GM "Stand Pat" Gillick's swan-song. Great man, great mind and motivator and close to an icon in my country, but I still want TB to win.

bearass

did you guys hear them chanting EVA, EVA, EVA when longoria was up  
man thats cold

capt. scotty

Quotedid you guys hear them chanting EVA, EVA, EVA when longoria was up  
man thats cold

Way back in like May or something, when I saw 1 of ESPNs main page headlines talking about Longoria, I figured Eva was fuckin around on Tony Parker and thats what it was about

God I hate that French prick Tony Parker
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MMJ_fanatic

Tonight should be very interesting--almost do or die for Tampa.  What happened to that T-ball thing that was supposed to go down? ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

easy way

Damn...this shit is painful to watch right now. At least I get to listen to WSP and the Rocky theme on the outro. Go Rays!!!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

capt. scotty

I cant wait to hear all the TV/Radio voices eat their socks about TB owning this when it was 1-1

And im from Pittsburgh

Olney, Gammons, Kurkjian, etc. need to STFU bc they had no better read on this series than anyone.

TheBigChicken

Rays tank looks like it's on E..... :-[    but you still have to win 4 :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteI cant wait to hear all the TV/Radio voices eat their socks about TB owning this when it was 1-1

And im from Pittsburgh

Olney, Gammons, Kurkjian, etc. need to STFU bc they had no better read on this series than anyone.

To his credit, Gammons said Phillies in 7.

All the Longoria Lovers should really think hard next time they throw so much praise behind a rookie who has yet to prove himself on a stage this big.

Bring it home tonight!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

bowl of soup

I can take it.  If Longoria and Pena don't hit, we don't win.  I don't like our chances against Hammels, but the Phillies better get it done in game 5.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

YouAre_GivenToFly

This city is electric right now. I can see it in everybody today. Longest day of my life, I can't wait for this game to start.

bowl of soup

I change my mind.  Kazmir throws a no-hitter tonight and propels us to charge back and take the series.  If we can somehow steal the game tonight.....
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteI change my mind.  Kazmir throws a no-hitter tonight and propels us to charge back and take the series.  If we can somehow steal the game tonight.....

GO PHILS!

capt. scotty

not the best start for TB

TheBigChicken

QuoteI change my mind.  Kazmir throws a no-hitter tonight and propels us to charge back and take the series.  If we can somehow steal the game tonight.....

GO PHILS!

Why didn't you have the pig colorized as well...I guess it HAS  been that long since a philly championship....hey zip up your fly, were you even born when TUG GOT HIS... :-?

easy way

GO PHILS!

Those cleats are fly...I'm gonna eat that pig.
;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

YouAre_GivenToFly

GO PHILS!

Why didn't you have the pig colorized as well...I guess it HAS  been that long since a philly championship....hey zip up your fly, were you even born when TUG GOT HIS... :-?

What does my age have to do with baseball?

capt. scotty

As an unbiased WS observer, its a good thing that TB tied that game up bc if they didnt, and Selig/MLB called it a an "official" game bc they had enough innings, everyone would be laughing at baseball tomorrow

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteAs an unbiased WS observer, its a good thing that TB tied that game up bc if they didnt, and Selig/MLB called it a an "official" game bc they had enough innings, everyone would be laughing at baseball tomorrow

Very true, but in this situation the commish has discretion and had said that no games will be less than 9 innings.

TheBigChicken

GO PHILS!

What does my age have to do with baseball?
Just curious. Tampa beat The Flyers to win the Stanley Cup. Tampa beat the Eagles to win the Super Bowl. It seems ONLY fitting that we whip your asses and take our first World Series. Face the facts Philly fans,we've OWNED youse' guys for quite sometime 8-)