Screamadelica - Primal Scream

Started by DavidCrosby, Aug 15, 2008, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidCrosby

...anybody else into this record???....I just kind of started listening to it again and I like it a lot but some parts I am not the biggest fan of....it is a really cool experiment done very well though....it's strange to hear all their other stuff in comparison, they kind of have the MMJ aesthetic of trying something new with all their records....hopefully MMJ never makes a Riot City Blues though (record was ok but not my favorite)...

listen to vinyl

Penny Lane

i love this album...i love Xterminator, too---this album is their peak. i used to have the singles from this album, too--i need to dig those out!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jenny

i like xtrmntr most haven't heard screamadelica though.

Penny Lane

Quotei like xtrmntr most haven't heard screamadelica though.

that album is intense--'keep your dreams' is sooooo good

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MarkW

Screamadelica is the lick.  One of the early '90s defining albums.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

pawpaw

Haven't listened to it for a while, definitely a great one though. I'll give it a play later today. Higher Than The Sun is otherworldly...

Cool Traffic avatar DC!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

DavidCrosby

...you know the part in Loaded where there is that guy saying that he wants to party, I know it is Peter Fonda (well I'm fairly sure) but does anybody know where the recording is from?...

...lately I have been blaring the first track, Movin' On Up....I think that anybody could cover that song and open a kick ass show with it, or have it be a really cool album opener, such as they used it...
listen to vinyl

MarkW

You're right - it's Peter Fonda from the Wild Angels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGzl-OEyGE

"Just what is it that you want to do?"
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side