Bridge School Benefit - Oct. 25th & 26th

Started by bbill, Sep 25, 2008, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

http://www.bridgeschool.org/events.html

The 22nd Annual Bridge School Benefit Concert
Lineup and Updates

The 22nd Bridge School Benefit Concert will be on October 25th and 26th, 2008 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California. Details about the ticket sales are not yet available. We will post all concert related information on our website as we receive it.

Announcing the 2008 lineup (not necessarily in order of appearance):

Neil Young
Wilco
Jack Johnson
Death Cab for Cutie
Norah Jones
Cat Power
Sarah McLachlan (Saturday only)
ZZ Top (Saturday only)
Josh Groban (Sunday only)
Smashing Pumpkins (Sunday only)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Janet

I have to say, not the strongest lineup....

I've gone for the last 11 years straight and most always hit both shows and make a long weekend out of it.  

Will just be going one day this year.  The question is whether I want to drink through Sarah Mclachlan or Josh Grobin's set?   ::)

lisaskye

Janet

I've heard positive things about her for the last few years.  That is one of the things I love about the bridge - exposure to acts I normally would not see on their own.   I really liked Regina Speckor last year.  And, the first time I heard Death Cab for Cutie (surprisingly good)
or Devendra Banhart (there was nothing about them I did not love) was at the bridge.

pawpaw

Yeah, not the best lineup, but still pretty damn good. If we go, it'll be Saturday.

From all of the bands I've seen at the Bridge School Benefit, here's the All-Star show I'd put together (in order or appearance):

-Short Neil Young solo set
-Beck
-Sonic Youth
-My Morning Jacket
-Pearl Jam
-Tom Waits
-Neil w/ Crazy Horse
-CSNY
-Paul McCartney

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Janet

We'll be going on Saturday too.  ZZ Top.  Hehehe.  

I must say - Tom Wait's sets kick my ass!  My better half says, and I must agree, the man doesn't sing the song as much as he lives and breathes the song.