Trampled By Turtles

Started by Jackets N Pones, Mar 22, 2012, 06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Anyone else looking forward to the new TBT album out on 4/10? The Newport FF crew need not miss this set!

Making of Stars and Satellites Part 1 - "Alone" - Trampled by Turtles
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

GO4IT

We stumbled upon TBT on a back stage at the Ottawa Blues fest last July and were very impressed.  Looking forward to seeing them again at Newport.

mahg33ta

thanks for the heads up.   Heard lots of good things and looking forward to catching them at Newport.

Lunchbox

the new album is brilliant. not one bad track.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: Lunchbox on Apr 12, 2012, 02:25 AM
the new album is brilliant. not one bad track.

I agree! Free stream from their website here. http://trampledbyturtles.com/

Also, they are playing Lolla, Outside the Lands, Sasquatch, Roo, and obviously Newport so stop by and check them out if you get the chance!

marino13

Finally got through the whole album yesterday and really enjoyed it.  "Risk" is FAST!!  I bought the album the same day as Alabama Shakes, M. Ward and Of Monsters and Men, so it's taking me awhile to get through all of my new music. 

Jackets N Pones

chaqueta sucia

They have been around a while........they are excellent.  I got into them around the time their album Duluth was released.  I adored Palomino and their new one Stars and Satellites is real good.  To think they started out as a punk rock band for the most part is impressive to what they have embraced and evolved into.  I have been a huge fan of the Avett Brothers over the years but honestly..........this band is not near as flashy or commercial(rick rubin can do that for anyone) as the avetts but traditionally they are better in sound.  Some of that may be the addition of the mandolin, an instrument I really like.   Also,imo Dave Carroll is a better banjo player than Scott Avett.  I like they have stayed small and affordable for their fans.  I am seeing both TbTs and TABs in the next 3 months.  One is around $15 for the show and the other is around $40.........up 20 from the last time I saw them where I live over a year ago.  Oh the little things with bands.  Dave Letterman was their tv debut.  They killed it btw.

Jackets N Pones

jcoyote

They are streaming at Daytrotter now. 

We went out to Colorado in 2007 and they were playing at a bar in Ft. Collins.  We really enjoyed their set. 

Ruckus

Though I was unfamiliar with most of their music, I said hello to two of their members last Saturday.  They played a free show at Soundgarden in Baltimore for record store day and their tour bus was parked right next to the line outside the store all morning long.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Paulie_Walnuts

First of all, I'm not drawn to a band with such a ridiculous name!

Putting my initial name prejudice aside I find that song on Letterman pretty damn average. It's a rather dreary song that they try to make look interesting by suddenly upping the tempo for no apparent reason.

Very average "indie Americana" in my opinion.......like your version of Mumford & Sons!
Paulie W

Jackets N Pones

I recently posted this in the "Awesome Covers" thread, but I also figured it belongs here. Loving this Pixies Cover!

Trampled by Turtles - "Where is my Mind?" (Pixies Cover)

bowl of soup

Bumped into these guys after listeneing to about 50 different covers of Where is My Mind by the Pixies (is this the weirdest song to have been covered so much?). Don't know much, but things from Minnesota seem to grab me.

Trampled by Turtles - Alone

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

watchtower41

Anyone going to see TBT up at the Riverside Theatre in Milwaukee for New Years? First time seeing them LIVE, very stoked!  :cheesy: