Main Menu

SRV

Started by ycartrob, Oct 31, 2008, 12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItStillJaimoe

I miss him dearly.

Hey Tracy, do you have this concert video?

It was filmed by some coworkers of mine for an exclusive concert on local Toronto cable TV back in 1983 (around 14 years before I worked at the TV station, CityTV) .

The club is the famous and infamous el Mocambo (see The Rolling Stones album Love You Live and Ron Wood and Keef frolicking with Maggie Trudeau, the then young wife of Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau) located in Toronto's west-downtown Chinatown. It's still there and still vital.

ycartrob

I will look for that, thanks

ItStillJaimoe

I'd go out on a very sturdy limb and say it's Stevie's best concert video and one of his best early performances captured on film.

dragonboy

Love SRV!

One of my fav youtube clips (let it play through to Change It)

[media]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=jzv8sIB-jhk[/media]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

Went to his grave in Dallas....Damn I miss SRV....Live at El Camambo is EXCELLENT!!!!   3rd Stone From The Sun 8-)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

Why is watching SRV shred much more enlightening than the work I have been putting off for the past hour?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPHan19ldcI&feature=related[/media]

bold99

I just started one of my "genius" ipod mixes this morning with his "Empty Arms".  God he was good.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

tower

Yes indeed, El Mocambo is a masterpiece!  SRV is why I started playing guitar.  I moved to Houston, TX in early 91 and when I heard him for the first time (sadly not live) I just had to learn guitar.  No more piano/keys for me.

I have two pictures of him in my classroom, one is a stock poster and another is a live pic from the Michigan concert just before he played the fatal night in Wisconsin.  My students have no clue.  For that matter, they also look at the Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd (Man on Fire) poster with total cluelessness.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com