Main Menu

Lucinda Williams

Started by red, Oct 02, 2008, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

I only own the masterpiece Car Wheels on a Gravel Road and am looking to expand my horizons as soon as possible.  Any suggestions?

She's performing on Letterman tonight and her new one is out October 14th.  

PS - She's a babe.   8-)

dragonboy

I only have Car Wheels & World Without Tears. I like them both but Car Wheels is the better of the 2. 5/5 for her new album in UNCUT...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

She's one of my brother's favs. She's coming to town, and I'm seriously debating about going. I can make it the alt country godess trifecta, Lucinda, Neko, and Kathleen all in the same year.

bold99

I like Essence and I really loved West, her last one.  Looking forward to her new one.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

TheBigChicken

Her live album @ the Fillmore is SWEET....and she IS hawt... :o
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

DavidCrosby

...get the live record and I really like World Without Tears....but really anything of hers is something to look into....
listen to vinyl

aMillionDreams

The wife loves Lucinda.  I think she's great but I have to be in the right mood.  I listened to Car Wheels... while driving through Louisiana, AMAZING!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ItStillJaimoe

World Without Tears hasn't traveled too far from my home or car CD players since I got it when it came out. It's genius:

TheBigChicken

QuoteWorld Without Tears hasn't traveled too far from my home or car CD players since I got it when it came out. It's genius:

for good reason :o I really like "Ramblin'" which was released in 1991 and recorded in 1978...Motherless Children and Malted Milk....all old school covers
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bold99

I'm really loving her new one Little Honey...such a great mix of songs...upbeat and slower ones.

wharf rat

MJK,

Did you end up going to the show?  If so, what are your thoughts.  I've never seen her live, but love the music.

bold99

She has a new EP of protest songs on itunes this week.

I recommend her live..she has a great band also.

mjkoehler

QuoteMJK,

Did you end up going to the show?  If so, what are your thoughts.  I've never seen her live, but love the music.
Sadly I did not. My brother couldn't make it down and I really couldn't afford another show, sadly. I regret not going.

JacketGal

QuoteI'm really loving her new one Little Honey...such a great mix of songs...upbeat and slower ones.
I would agree! I love this new one, it's been played every day since I got it at her show a week ago.

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Penny Lane

QuoteI'm really loving her new one Little Honey...such a great mix of songs...upbeat and slower ones.
I would agree! I love this new one, it's been played every day since I got it at her show a week ago.

the sad songs are...really.....sad.... :'(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold99

the sad songs are...really.....sad.... :'(

I think West her last one was a lot sadder...but yeah there are some really sad ones on here.

ChiefOKONO

This album is great, i am totally loving it!  a big thank you to suspiciousgirl for the recommend!!   ;)