Wilco on The Colbert Report 10/30

Started by red, Oct 27, 2008, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

tomEisenbraun

Nice! I'll be in the air or on the way to my parent's house when this is on, but I'll definitely be catching the video afterward!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ms. yvon

these men sure do get around!

wonder if stephen will interview jeff tweedy...

song pick?  christ for president?  or comment...
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

lime1968

Wow. Colbert seemed to have a lot of respect for Wilco and was relatively easy on Tweedy. Thanks for the heads up y'all.

also: Wilco and Fleet Foxes- I Shall Be Released:
http://wilcoworld.net/vote/index.php/
get it while the gettin's good!
ups and downs, bigotry and open minds, there'll be days of peace, you'll always have the time

bold99

that was great..he interviewed Wilco and they they did a song called "Wilco" with Colbert lyrics throw in..the song actually sounded like a Pavement song.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

The DARK

I think he may have recognized what he was dealing with beforehand...Tweedy is the absolute king of stage banter. The song was great, really gives me high hopes for the next record.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Jaimoe

Colbert is a huge music fan and he only has acts he likes and respects on his show, although Rush was on as a joke more than anything, a respectful joke though.

JacketGal

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

SmokinShootin

i was introduced formaly to wilco on the colbert report.  I'd heard of them and caught bits of there music, but never sat down and listened to a full song knowing it was wilco.  I must say according to last.fm i've listened to them 70 times since.  I love "Wilco the song" I really wish they'd put it on the new record.

marino13