Kings of Leon in detroit

Started by SmokinShootin, Nov 09, 2008, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrocker623

Agreed. Saw em in Boston last week and it was the same show I saw there a year ago with a few new crappier songs. there's nothing like throwin on Aha Shake cruisin down the highway in the summer, but the new stuff is them trying to be something they're not

Ghostess on TV

Wow...I can't believe what everyone is saying about KOL...after what I saw...I thought they were phenomenal...

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteAgreed. Saw em in Boston last week and it was the same show I saw there a year ago with a few new crappier songs. there's nothing like throwin on Aha Shake cruisin down the highway in the summer, but the new stuff is them trying to be something they're not

So you're saying that because the new album is not aha part 2 they are trying to be something they are not? They could probably write an album like that in a week. If you don't like the new one that's fine, but bands change. People change. How could you know what they are and what they're not anyway?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

QuoteHow could you know what they are and what they're not anyway?

;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Got the new album yesterday, really enjoying it!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteGot the new album yesterday, really enjoying it!!!
Told ya.  ;)

vespachick

I think I'm gonna walk across the street today at lunch and pick up the newest because I trust you boys more than hair product. [smiley=beer.gif]  
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

dragonboy

QuoteI think I'm gonna walk across the street today at lunch and pick up the newest because I trust you boys more than hair product. [smiley=beer.gif]  
I played a lot over the weekend & really like it. It's definitely their most mainstream to date, nothing wrong with that though. It trails off a little towards the end IMO but that might just be because I've been playing the first few tracks more? I'll give it a good, solid 6.5/10 right now, probably make it a 7 after a few more spins...

weeniebeenie

Got my Sydney tickets the other day! :)
How loud can silence get?