Elena Tonra / Daugher

Started by FiddleCastro, Mar 12, 2013, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

I saw Daughter open for Dum Dum Girls and the Walkmen and they were my favorite act of that evening.  Heartbreaking songwriting, and a huge sound.  Similar sound to the XX but less electronic.

Landfill
Daughter - Landfill

Youth
Daughter - Youth (Live on KEXP)

Love
Daughter - Love (Live on KEXP)

Landfill (live)
Daughter (Elena Tonra) ''Landfill'' + Lyrics

Their debut LP "If You Leave" is coming out March 18 in Europe and April 30 in the US.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

he.who.forgets

I love what I've heard from her. Not sure how she discovered her, but my wife turned me onto Daughter.  :thumbsup:

GO4IT

I love the "Other Music" threads.  So much great music you all are turning us on to!

I'm missing Daughter in Paris by a few days but will get back just in time to see them at the Black Cat in DC for Ms GO4IT's b-day.   She'll love it since it's not in our livingroom. :rolleyes:  Tickets purchased.

TheThird

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Mar 12, 2013, 05:41 PM
I saw Daughter open for Dum Dum Girls and the Walkmen and they were my favorite act of that evening.  Heartbreaking songwriting, and a huge sound.  Similar sound to the XX but less electronic.

The XX comparison is a very good one. The Wild Youth EP is still open of my all-time favorite EPs. Really looking forward to their debut LP this year and hopefully more US tour dates along with it.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

FiddleCastro

The New Record, out of order and missing a song, but whatever, it's really, really good.  The album comes out in America on Tuesday.

Daughter - If You Leave (2013) [Full length Album]

(Yes, Ruckus, another pale dark haired singer :grin: )

FiddleCastro

Touring with The National:

04 AUGUST: MURAT THEATER, INDIANAPOLIS, IN / W/ DAUGHTER
Pre-sale May 8th at 10am local time with the password Trouble / General on sale May 10th at 10am local time / TICKETS

05 AUGUST: RIVERSIDE THEATER, MILWAUKEE, WI / W/ DAUGHTER
Pre-sale May 8th at 10am local time with the password Trouble / General on sale May 10th at 12pm local time / PRE-SALE / GENERAL ON-SALE

06 AUGUST: ROY WILKINS AUDITORIUM, ST. PAUL, MN / W/ DAUGHTER / TICKETS

10 AUGUST: GREEK THEATRE, LOS ANGELES, CA / W/ DAUGHTER / TICKETS

11 AUGUST: HOLLYWOOD FOREVER CEMETERY, LOS ANGELES, CA / W/ DAUGHTER

FiddleCastro

I just wrote about Daughter and two other UK based trios. Check it out!