Main Menu

Dinosaur Jr

Started by Murph, Sep 10, 2012, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

APR

I'll give this a listen soon.  I'm going to see them in October for the first time.  Looking forward to it!  I heard ear plugs are a must for their shows.

el_chode

Quote from: APR on Sep 10, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'll give this a listen soon.  I'm going to see them in October for the first time.  Looking forward to it!  I heard ear plugs are a must for their shows.

I don't believe in ear plugs. But the last time I saw them I was in VIP area in the back of the auditorium and it was by far the loudest show I had ever seen. And I mean that in the most awesome way possible. Because it was great. Loud and you heard every note crisp and clear.

That was the Beyond tour.
I'm surrounded by assholes

bold992006

they actually tell you on their website to use earplugs.   I don't really use them either but the last time they played at the middle east in cambridge which has really low ceilings I was forced to.

really like the new album after first listen.

pawpaw

Just started it up, thanks Murph.  :beer:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Murph

Beyond was an amazing album after all those years apart, Farm was even better.....this one just isnt stacking up for me  :undecided:

ralph

Quote from: Murph on Sep 12, 2012, 10:30 PM
Beyond was an amazing album after all those years apart, Farm was even better.....this one just isnt stacking up for me  :undecided:

I'm really digging the newie. Pierce The Morning Rain is great, as is Watch the Corners and What Was That. The 2 Lou songs are top notch as usual and Murph, your namesakes drumming on this record is a standout I reckon. Also love the solo on the last track. Solid record.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Murph

Quote from: ralph on Sep 21, 2012, 07:11 PM
Quote from: Murph on Sep 12, 2012, 10:30 PM

I'm really digging the newie. Pierce The Morning Rain is great, as is Watch the Corners and What Was That. The 2 Lou songs are top notch as usual and Murph, your namesakes drumming on this record is a standout I reckon. Also love the solo on the last track. Solid record.

I need some more time with it.  I didn't hate it and there were definitely some standout tracks, but after first listen I thought it paled in comparison to the previous two.  Really though, I just want J shredding for 60 straight minutes

Murph

http://www.stereogum.com/1826517/dinosaur-jr-announce-special-30th-anniversary-shows/tour-dates/  !!!!

Their Terminal 5 show, for the anniversary of You're Living All Over Me, is still one of the best shows I've ever been to, and if that one is any indication then the guests will indeed be "special"

Murph

Presale code for anyone interested is VEGANDINOSAUR 

I'll got tickets for Friday and Saturday  :cheesy:

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Murph on Aug 26, 2015, 09:26 AM
http://www.stereogum.com/1826517/dinosaur-jr-announce-special-30th-anniversary-shows/tour-dates/  !!!!

Their Terminal 5 show, for the anniversary of You're Living All Over Me, is still one of the best shows I've ever been to, and if that one is any indication then the guests will indeed be "special"
Awesome!
One of my favorite bands since the early 90's and one of the best live shows as well!!
Must make one of these nights!!

MMPJ6306

I've never listened to their first record (outside of Repulsion) but I'll be at the Saturday show! It's more of a hardcore based thing then their later albums?

Excited to see these three live for the first time!!!
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

APR

I read that Bob Mould, Kurt Vile, Lee Ronaldo, and I'm sure others have joined Dinosaur Jr for this run.  Pretty cool.

sillyboob

Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine joined Dino Jr recently on stage.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

dookie shoot bandit

Sharon van Etten as well

Murph

The one show I made it to, Frank Black came out, Fred Armisen came out, and Lee Ranaldo came out for Cortez.  Also saw Kim Gordon and Rob Zombie at the bar