Tonight's the Night

Started by red, Jan 26, 2008, 08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

Is the best Neil Young album.  It's taken me too long to finally realize that, but I'm glad I finally have.  

8-)

TheBigChicken

QuoteIs the best Neil Young album.  It's taken me too long to finally realize that, but I'm glad I finally have.  

8-)
it's so good and DAMN near impossible to find....I just picked up Live at Massey Hall and WOWWOWWOWWOWOWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

brentnc

i nominate On The Beach. I change my fav Neil album every 6 months or so though.

ycartrob

QuoteIs the best Neil Young album.  It's taken me too long to finally realize that, but I'm glad I finally have.  

8-)

agree

LizKing531

Quotei nominate On The Beach. I change my fav Neil album every 6 months or so though.

I'm with you on that - "For the Turnstiles" is one of my all time favorite Neil Young songs

red

"Borrowed Tune" never ceases to break my heart.  

ycartrob

Quote"Borrowed Tune" never ceases to break my heart.  

the whole thing just flows; I've always thought of it as 1 long song.

Here's a great link (with even more links)

http://www.thrasherswheat.org/tnfy/ttn_album.htm

red

Oh, it totally flows unbelievable.  Like some black sludge of doom or something.  The whole 'Ditch Trilogy' has to be the best 3 albums released back to back to back.  Or pretty damn close, at least.

pawpaw

QuoteOh, it totally flows unbelievable.  Like some black sludge of doom or something.  The whole 'Ditch Trilogy' has to be the best 3 albums released back to back to back.  Or pretty damn close, at least.

I knew there was a reason I keep coming back here...right on guys :) My vote is for On The Beach. I've actually got a vinyl copy (that me pa gave me) of Time Fades Away that I'm going to go dig out and throw on in honor of this thread!

Have any of you listened to Chrome Dreams II? I haven't, just wondered what people thought.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jellyfish

I often name TNT or TFA as my fav Neil albums as well but RNS and Ragged Glory are in my top 5 at all times too.

It's easier for me to list his worst albums as I like em all except Landing on Water,Life,Trans,LWW,Everybody's Rockin and JTTP.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jellyfish

Have any of you listened to Chrome Dreams II? I haven't, just wondered what people thought.

I like it it,some great songs on it but no masterpiece or anything.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

dragonboy

I like it a lot. His best in a while IMO.

Choosing a fav Neil Young album is damn near impossible for me but Tonight's The Night is definitely a contender.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

8-)

I'm glad you have  :)

My top five albums of all time changes a lot, but Tonight's The Night is always in there.

Speakin' out!

Ghosts_on_TV

I like it a lot. His best in a while IMO.

Choosing a fav Neil Young album is damn near impossible for me but Tonight's The Night is definitely a contender.

I like it. Greendale is better though, I think.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

EC

it is exactly what the cover looks like.

red

Something came over me today and I listened to this four times in a row.  "Albuquerque"  - :'(

ycartrob

QuoteSomething came over me today and I listened to this four times in a row.  "Albuquerque"  - :'(

I know what you mean

red

been thinking about this album lots the past few days; finally spun it tonight and i can feel another bout of obsession coming on.  this seems to be happening more and more frequently these days.    

Included with the vinyl release of Tonight's the Night was a seemingly strange insert that added to Neil Young's claim that Tonight's the Night was the closest he ever came to art. Emphasising the personal nature of the album, the self-penned liner notes contained an apology: "I'm sorry. You don't know these people. This means nothing to you."

powerful stuff.

bold99

Quotei nominate On The Beach. I change my fav Neil album every 6 months or so though.

Same here but for about the last 2 years it has been On The Beach...but mine could change daily....so many good ones.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

lasvegas

Same here but for about the last 2 years it has been On The Beach...but mine could change daily....so many good ones.

i'd vote 'on the beach' also.

but 'time fades away' is a very close second, and 'tonight's the night' is an even closer third.  :D
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?