Whigs/Dead Confederate Tour

Started by bold99, Jan 15, 2009, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

I know there was a DC thread not too long ago and there are some fans on here.  I thought I'd post this.  This might be the bargain tour of the year so far.  Most of these shows are really cheap in small venues.  Two great bands.  I saw the Whigs open for the Drive-By Truckers twice and they killed it and now they are opening for KOL at MSG and have opened for MMJ before.  I'm going to the Boston show which is $10.

March, 4 2009 08:30 PM - Black Cat...w/ The Whigs        
, Washington DC, - 12

ticketmaster.com
March, 5 2009 08:00 PM - The Note...w/ The Whigs       
, West Chester, Pennsylvania -

thenotewc.com
March, 6 2009 07:30 PM - Paradise Rock Club...w/ The Whigs       
, Boston, Massachusetts - 10

ticketmaster.com
March, 7 2009 09:30 PM - The Bowery Ballroom...w/ The Whigs       
, New York, New York - 13

boweryballroom.com
March, 9 2009 08:00 PM - The Basement...w/ The Whigs       
, Columbus, Ohio -

ticketmaster.com
March, 10 2009 09:00 PM - Magic Stick...w/ The Whigs       
, Detroit, Michigan - 10

ticket info: 313-833-9700 ext 202
March, 11 2009 08:00 PM - Musica       
, Akron, Ohio -

ticketweb.com
March, 12 2009 08:30 PM - Birdy's...w/ The Whigs       
, Indianapolis, Indiana - 10

ticketmaster.com
March, 13 2009 09:00 PM - Bottom Lounge...w/ The Whigs       
, Chicago, Illinois - 12

ticketweb.com
March, 14 2009 08:00 PM - Fubar...w/ The Whigs       
, St. Louis, Missouri - 10
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ALady

Two excellent bands.  See them if you can!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

Well fuck me. That seals the deal, I'm going. I was planning to see the Whigs anyway, but this just puts it in a whole different need to go status. Plus maybe we can get more then 10 freakin people there to show DC St Louis is worth coming to again.

BH & Tenn- you in?

mjkoehler

QuoteWell fuck me. That seals the deal, I'm going. I was planning to see the Whigs anyway, but this just puts it in a whole different need to go status. Plus maybe we can get more then 10 freakin people there to show DC St Louis is worth coming to again.

BH & Tenn- you in?
Damn fucking ticketmaster. Tickets are $10, but the service fees are $7.60. $7.60 on a $10 ticket. Thats a 72% ass thrashing. What the fuck man?!?!?! Is that fucking even legal? Thankfully the venue waives a lot of the fees when you buy direcfrom them.

BH

QuoteWell fuck me. That seals the deal, I'm going. I was planning to see the Whigs anyway, but this just puts it in a whole different need to go status. Plus maybe we can get more then 10 freakin people there to show DC St Louis is worth coming to again.

BH & Tenn- you in?

Sonavabitch mj, that's the night before Andrew Bird.  Not sure I can swing both without pushing my luck.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sassbox

I'll be at the DC show.  Just saw DC with Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine a month or so ago.  Have seen both DC and The Whigs a few times this past year.  Lucky Lucky...Cheap Cheap!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

mjkoehler

BH & Tenn- you in?

Sonavabitch mj, that's the night before Andrew Bird.  Not sure I can swing both without pushing my luck.
or hurtin the liver. Good thing Whigs/DC is a cheap show minus tm's cut.

bold99

BH & Tenn- you in?
Damn fucking ticketmaster. Tickets are $10, but the service fees are $7.60. $7.60 on a $10 ticket. Thats a 72% ass thrashing. What the fuck man?!?!?! Is that fucking even legal? Thankfully the venue waives a lot of the fees when you buy direcfrom them.

Yeah that really blows.  The venue I go to in Boston you can buy tix right at the venue with no service charge which is really nice.  Even a cheap show like this TM has to mess up....but $17.60 still not too bad for these two bands.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

TheBigChicken

hell I'd pay 20 if they came anywhere near FLA....I'm officially depressed right now....might catch a freight train to STL....tent in MJ's backyard......must stop thinking about this... :-/ :-/ :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

Quotehell I'd pay 20 if they came anywhere near FLA....I'm officially depressed right now....might catch a freight train to STL....tent in MJ's backyard......must stop thinking about this... :-/ :-/ :-/
Mi Backyward Su Barkyard. Hell it's big enough to host the concert itself

tenn

BH & Tenn- you in?

Double shit, the night before A. Bird (which I already have tickets for). I think I might have to make this happen as well though. Hope gas prices aren't too bad that weekend. Uh where's Fubar?

mjkoehler

BH & Tenn- you in?

Double shit, the night before A. Bird (which I already have tickets for). I think I might have to make this happen as well though. Hope gas prices aren't too bad that weekend. Uh where's Fubar?
Olive and Compton. I'll shoot you a PM with the exact local. It's literally across the street from the best BBQ joint in town.