Neil Young "Tonight's The Night"

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 29, 2009, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

I've been listening to this album a lot lately.  Anyone else like it? Sounds like Neil had too much to drink on some tracks but still amazing.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Sassbox

LOVE it.  Speakin' Out and Albuquerque...two of my faves.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Im The Dude

QuoteLOVE it.  Speakin' Out and Albuquerque...two of my faves.

I'll agree to that. I love "Mellow My Mind"

charps

My 2nd favorite album of all time.  I f-ing love this album!  Neil projects everything he is feeling onto the listener perfectly here.  The music tells just as much of the story as the lyrics.  Such a great listen, and it is the best 3 AM album of all time.  Great album cover, too.

The Drake

If you like Tonight's the Night and don't have Time Fades Away, get it, owe it, love it.  You'll thank me.

charps

QuoteIf you like Tonight's the Night and don't have Time Fades Away, get it, owe it, love it.  You'll thank me.

AGREE!  Unfortunately, I downloaded mine from Napster back in 2000 or so and the CD I burnt it on is all scratched up now.  It only plays ok on the best of CD players.  Neil, PUT THIS DAMN ALBUM OUT ON CD!

Im The Dude

QuoteIf you like Tonight's the Night and don't have Time Fades Away, get it, owe it, love it.  You'll thank me.

AGREE!  Unfortunately, I downloaded mine from Napster back in 2000 or so and the CD I burnt it on is all scratched up now.  It only plays ok on the best of CD players.  Neil, PUT THIS DAMN ALBUM OUT ON CD!

Ive got a copy on my comptuer.  Neil is the man.

rcs

I would probably go so far as to kill to have a copy of Time Fades Away on vinyl.  ;)  Someday... someday.

I completely agree with whoever said that Tonight's the Night is a great 3am record.  So many emotions come across on that record.

aMillionDreams

QuoteI would probably go so far as to kill to have a copy of Time Fades Away on vinyl.  ;)  Someday... someday.

I have the vinyl.  8-)

I "borrowed" it from my Dad about ten years ago.  I saw it at a record store one day for 40 bucks.  I don't know if I'd pay that for it, but it's great.

I also have the soundtrack for Journey From the Past on vinyl which is the other NY record never released on CD.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

rcs

QuoteI would probably go so far as to kill to have a copy of Time Fades Away on vinyl.  ;)  Someday... someday.

I have the vinyl.  8-)

I "borrowed" it from my Dad about ten years ago.  I saw it at a record store one day for 40 bucks.  I don't know if I'd pay that for it, but it's great.

I also have the soundtrack for Journey From the Past on vinyl which is the other NY record never released on CD.

Call me jealous!!!  I would easily pay $40 for a copy of that!

I just picked up Journey Through the Past a couple weeks ago and really like it.  Haven't had the time to really give it the listen it deserves, but what I have heard I dig.