Tell Me Springsteen Sucks...

Started by KY_Kid, Feb 01, 2009, 08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote[media]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6TuZ6lSWI[/media]
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6TuZ6lSWI
This vid makes me happy.  Seeger Sessions is as good as it gets.  Has anyone seen the Dublin performance of the Seeger Sessions?! :o :o :o

I vote that the Boss does indeed.....not suck
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Sassbox

Saw Bruce in 84 or 85 at the Meadowlands, then more recently at JazzFest about eight months after Hurricane Katrina.  At the latter, he performed with the Seeger Sessions band and it was amazing.  His acapella version of "When The Saints Go Marching In" had everyone at the Acura Stage in tears.

I'm no more than a casual fan, but I'm pleased he's so heavily rumored for Bonnaroo.  I thought last night's Superbowl performane was a bit cheesy, but hey...it's Superbowl halftime.  You may not care for his music, but to say he sucks is ridiculous.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

jones

My phrasing for the title of the thread was merely modeled after a previous thread... It was not meant to inflict pain.  Besides, I do give him points for grinding on his mic stand last night.  But then again, wardrobe malfunction was taken.

I realize that the man has made a huge contribution to music; it's just not my flavor.  No big deal...  I am new to the forum, but surely not everyone out there is always so serious...

BTW, why aren't all of the faithfuls taking advantage of the 'Tell Me Springsteen Rules...' thread?

ycartrob

BTW, why aren't all of the faithfuls taking advantage of the 'Tell Me Springsteen Rules...' thread?

why aren't you taking advantage of the "can you take a hint" thread that runs through most of our brains?

jones

ycartrob

QuoteGeez...

boogerkins, don't post this:

No offense to you faithfuls, but I really, really dislike this guy and his music.  [size=18]Alright, I'll take my licks now[/size]...

and then get all suprised when people [size=18]take licks at you[/size]. For the life of me, I cannot grasp the logic behind saying you will take your licks now, and then complain when people take licks at you. Baffling.

Think. It's real simple, think. Try it, really.

Mi Chaqueta

modern day bob dylan...........truest of troubadours..........his new song The Wrestler...........may be my fav ever in music..........beyond brilliant! :D

jones

QuoteGeez...

No offense to you faithfuls, but I really, really dislike this guy and his music.  [size=18]Alright, I'll take my licks now[/size]...

and then get all suprised when people [size=18]take licks at you[/size]. For the life of me, I cannot grasp the logic behind saying you will take your licks now, and then complain when people take licks at you. Baffling.

Complaining?  Is the word Geez complaining?  There's no need to get all excited.  Come on, now...

ycartrob

QuoteGeez...

Complaining?  Is the word Geez complaining?  There's no need to get all excited.  Come on, now...

i smell troll

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote My phrasing for the title of the thread was merely modeled after a previous thread... It was not meant to inflict pain.  Besides, I do give him points for grinding on his mic stand last night.  But then again, wardrobe malfunction was taken.

I realize that the man has made a huge contribution to music; it's just not my flavor.  No big deal...  I am new to the forum, but surely not everyone out there is always so serious...

My Dave Matthews thread was trying to show people that he is good though. But, if you don't like Springsteen, I don't really care.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

buaawwww

QuoteNo offense to you faithfuls, but I really, really dislike this guy and his music.  Alright, I'll take my licks now...

I'll just tell you that you sir... suck.

the sun and moon

You can't say such things, it's bad luck.

buaawwww

OK I'm sorry.  You sir, do not suck.
However your taste in music is questionable.

Better?  ;D

jones

QuoteOK I'm sorry.  You sir, do not suck.
However your taste in music is questionable.

Better?  ;D

Much! ;)

ALady

Quotemodern day bob dylan...........truest of troubadours..........his new song The Wrestler...........may be my fav ever in music..........beyond brilliant! :D

This is funny, 'cause I was talking to my dad last night, and apparently my dad has a crazy-deep-seated dislike of Bruce because he thought he was a Dylan ripoff when he first came out (my dad's a Dylan fanatic)  ;D  Personally, I don't see the comparison.  

I like Bruce awright, saw him a year or two ago, and enjoyed it immensely though I'm not particularly familiar with his catalogue (radio hits and Nebraska aside).  He does put on a hell of a show!  And I don't think it's overstating it to say that Nebraska is a modern masterpiece.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Kenny76

Springsteen always brings back fond memories of hearing Greetings From Asbury Park on my parents' 8-track stereo system.   About 10 years ago, I rediscovered him and ordered all of his albums from Columbia House,  ;D.   The ones I listen to most are Asbury Park, Born to Run, Born in the USA and Nebraska.   I just put on The River because I can't remember the last time I listened to it.

Even if some of his songs are kinda cheesy, you gotta love his energy.  But yeah, that Super Bowl show was pretty silly.  Can't hate him for it though.

Jbones72

I'm originally from Jackson, NJ which is right next to Freehold. Liking Bruce was just natural, everyone's parents or older siblings were into him so you just picked it up. Every time I've seen him it's been a great show, never sitting down for a song. He is one of the few artists I will still go see in a Stadium.  BTR, Greetings and Darkness have always been my favs, with Nebraska and The River.

capt. scotty

I just kind of remembered I think I actually saw a Springsteen show around 2000 or so, but totally forgot about it. I remember it being fairly entertaining, but not much else, and I wasnt drunk because I was 16 and with my pops.

I think the energy of shows and NJ/NY fanaticism is a big reason why he's 'the Boss'. That and probably most music in the late 70's/80's mostly sucked. He definitely had that going for him
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

So the only live thing about Bruce's halftime show was his vocals. That powerslide, however, was not pre recorded, bitches! FTW.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...