New MMJ fan here...

Started by SmilingEyes, Jan 28, 2009, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes C. Addle

what's up everyone? new, as in since seeing them at Bonnaroo last year. i actually got see MMJ at Lolla 2 years ago but i had no idea who they were...other than hearing What A Wonderful Man a couple times before.

i went to Lolla for one band...Pearl Jam. i went to Bonnaroo for the experience and one band...Pearl Jam. been following them for about 12 years now. things have changed a bit...not as far as their music but how they decide to run the fan club and message board that has me here today.

that and one rainy night last year my buddy and i experienced what exactly good music is...and can do. what an unbelievable experience. i pity people who won't give them a listen. a few years ago, i was one of those people. i have seen them 4 times since then and plan on many, many more shows.

my family and friends know me as a Pearl Jam nut...but they now hear me talk about MMJ a lot. my dad even listens to them now...way to go dad! i don't want to be the guy to push a band on my friends, but i feel it's important for them to go and catch at least one show.

anyway, i could continue to ramble...i won't....this band rocks.

current favorite album: The Tennessee Fire

hizzo

The Tennessee Fire is so wonderful! And I think my friends are probably annoyed at how much I talk about/listen to MMJ, but I'd also love for them all to see this glorious band at least once! Sometimes they need a little pushing  ;)
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

weeniebeenie

Wes C. Addle, I'm guessing that you're a Wellwater Conspiracy fan aswell?

Welcome!!!
How loud can silence get?

Love Dogg

Welcome Wes.  I think you'll find some comrads here.  It's never too late to find a Jacket that fits.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

el_chode

QuoteWes C. Addle, I'm guessing that you're a Wellwater Conspiracy fan aswell?

Welcome!!!

Wow I haven't heard that name thrown around since like 2002. Are they still kicking around?
I'm surrounded by assholes

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

Penny Lane

wow another PJ hardcore-convert. i love it---welcome.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Hi Wes!  I remember your name from the old Pit.  I was AvocadoLady over there.  Welcome!

My parents dig the Jacket too.  Good work, man!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

weeniebeenie

QuoteWes C. Addle, I'm guessing that you're a Wellwater Conspiracy fan aswell?

Welcome!!!

Wow I haven't heard that name thrown around since like 2002. Are they still kicking around?
They haven't released an album since 2003 but who knows? Matt has been busy with Harrybu Mccage and Pearl Jam stuff so fingers crossed for another album somewhere down the line.
How loud can silence get?

Wes C. Addle

QuoteHi Wes!  I remember your name from the old Pit.  I was AvocadoLady over there.  Welcome!

hi there.

do you mean 'old board' as in the one before this new pay-to-post message board?

anyway, i'm not the same person...everyone knew me as'brainofPJ'

thanks for the welcome anyway!

PJRock75

I love that so many hardcore PJ fans are also hardcore MMJ fans because of PJ  ;D
The fact that my hearts' beatin'...is all the proof you'll need

ALady

QuoteHi Wes!  I remember your name from the old Pit.  I was AvocadoLady over there.  Welcome!

hi there.

do you mean 'old board' as in the one before this new pay-to-post message board?

anyway, i'm not the same person...everyone knew me as'brainofPJ'

thanks for the welcome anyway!

Yessir.  I haven't been on the pay-to-post one much.  Kinda quiet over there.

Oh okay...well, I kind of remember a "brainofPJ" too!  Welcome   :)

I hear ya PJRock...Pearl Jam have a knack for picking excellent opening bands!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

pay to post message board?! Eddie Vedder is such a loser doofus
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Wes C. Addle

pay to post message board?! Eddie Vedder is such a loser doofus

well maybe so...but i highly doubt this decision came from him or anyone else in the band.