Main Menu

Grammys 09

Started by capt._headdy, Feb 08, 2009, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteIt's now obvious Plant and Krauss will win best record.  

I think you mean best album

In grammy speak, best record means best song, despite their being a category for each  :-?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I think I missed the bus that took people to Radiohead brilliance land.

Theyre good, but...
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Was John Lee Hooker the guy next to BB King for that Bo Diddley song?

And too bad Mayer doesnt make more music like his live John Mayer Trio album...dude can rip it up

capt. scotty

Of course goddamn Lil Wayne wins best rap album

Was really hoping Lupe Fiasco or Nas pulled that one off.

Love Dogg

QuoteWas John Lee Hooker the guy next to BB King for that Bo Diddley song?

Buddy Guy
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

capt. scotty

Buddy Guy

[smiley=dankk2.gif]

ycartrob

John Lee Hooker died like 7 years ago.

capt. scotty

;D
Sorry. Im not up to date on my blues legend obituaries.

Is that line in your signature from Step Brothers?? Sounds eerily familiar but I cant place it

ycartrob

;D

Is that line in your signature from Step Brothers?? Sounds eerily familiar but I cant place it

it's from a David Sedaris short story. I couldn't fit the whole line in there without cramming them all together.

The day I allow that bald headed bastard to smack me with a bag full of frozen chicken wings is the day I die.

Soulshine

;D

it's from a David Sedaris short story. I couldn't fit the whole line in there without cramming them all together.

The day I allow that bald headed bastard to smack me with a bag full of frozen chicken wings is the day I die.

I'm reading Me Talk Pretty One Day. I really enjoy David Sedaris. I know this belongs in the "books we read" thread, but there it is.  :)
Because we're all in this together...

ALady

I enjoyed the Reverend Al.  Looking forward seeing him Bonnaroo!

That's about all I have to say about the Grammys.  Oh, also, Zooey Deschanel's dress was weird.  Wish she'd hiked the girls up a bit.

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

the sun and moon

It looks like the princess-attempt dresses I used to make out of my bedding.

MMJ looked so incredibly dashing. I think Jim stole my heart again. Andrew, you're no longer in the one slot!  :P

I don't know WTF was going on with Jo. the bros--Stevie Wonder, Al Green--Justin Timberlake pairing.....oh, and Miley Cyrus AND Taylor Swift? Just when I didn't think the grammy's couldn't shitty it up any worse.

And Beautiful Girls was a cute movie. The Timothy Hutton/Natalie Portman thing was cute, despite how dirty it would be if it wasn't a movie.

capt. scotty

I don't know WTF was going on with Jo. the bros--Stevie Wonder, Al Green--Justin Timberlake pairing.....oh, and Miley Cyrus AND Taylor Swift? Just when I didn't think the grammy's couldn't shitty it up any worse.

You gotta admit most of the other performance besides those were pretty good though. I think it had been a few years since I actually watched them, but they had more good stuff than I expected.

the sun and moon

Yeah, I really enjoyed the other performances but those ones took points off. Loved the Bo Diddley tribute, Adele, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Radiohead, MIA, Smokey Robinson, Paul, Neil Diamond performances.

Anyone else think Thom Yorke looks like Yoda?

Jaimoe

I found the night a mixed-bag performances wise. U2 were actually good, even Bono. Coldplay were ok too. Radiohead were interesting. John Mayer and Keith Urban had no business being even near a stage let along sharing it with BB and Buddy. Some of the rap stuff was over-the-top and pretty awful and the Jonas Brothers proved that they are pure bubblegum chewers since they can't handle singing songs with substance; and their collaboration must be an all-time career low point  for Stevie Wonder.

aMillionDreams

QuoteI found the night a mixed-bag performances wise. U2 were actually good, even Bono. Coldplay were ok too. Radiohead were interesting. John Mayer and Keith Urban had no business being even near a stage let along sharing it with BB and Buddy. Some of the rap stuff was over-the-top and pretty awful and the Jonas Brothers proved that they are pure bubblegum chewers since they can't handle singing songs with substance; and their collaboration must be an all-time career low point  for Stevie Wonder.

Nothing to say about Kid Rock or the Miley Cyrus duet?

Those performances made me throw up in my mouth and reminded me of why I never watch the Grammy's.  I'd rather not know about the crap that the majority of Americans listen to every day.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

amybee

I usually don't watch these types of shows, but then I feel out of the loop so I decided to tune in and check it out.  It just confirmed what I already knew...I can't stand a majority of these people.  I feel like such a turd/music snob sometimes, but I really can't deal.  Of the new performers, I like adele...classy gal.  Radiohead was cool and I do like that coldplay song, but I'm not totally sold on them.  I was happy that these grammy people actually know bands like mmj and kings of leon exist.

sookie

QuoteI usually don't watch these types of shows, but then I feel out of the loop so I decided to tune in and check it out.  It just confirmed what I already knew...I can't stand a majority of these people.  I feel like such a turd/music snob sometimes, but I really can't deal.  Of the new performers, I like adele...classy gal.  Radiohead was cool and I do like that coldplay song, but I'm not totally sold on them.  I was happy that these grammy people actually know bands like mmj and kings of leon exist.

word!
I was following the pack all swallowed in their coats with scarves of red tied round their throats..