Main Menu

Lollapalooza 09

Started by Soulshine, Mar 09, 2009, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

I just got my notification of the $60 passes this morning. I got my "golden ticket" last year and $60 is a lot nicer than the regular ticket price.

The lolla website will be posting the link so if you're interested be sure to check daily.

;)
Because we're all in this together...

ALady

Anyone going?  I got my $60 ticket.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Soulshine

QuoteAnyone going?  I got my $60 ticket.

When did they open up the sale? I checked Wednesday and got a text from a friend at 9am on Thursday they were all gone... :'(
I'm still going to go, just disappointed I missed the great deal.
Good for you ALady, I'm happy for ya!  ;)

ALady

It was Wednesday at 2pm.  Aw - sorry you didn't get in, Soulshine, that's a serious bummer.  Happy you're still going though!

Soulshine

QuoteIt was Wednesday at 2pm.  Aw - sorry you didn't get in, Soulshine, that's a serious bummer.  Happy you're still going though!

POPPYCOCK!!!!  >:( I checked late morning/early afternoon....

Do you know how long it took to sell out?

ALady

It was literally about five minutes.  Don't feel bad.

Soulshine

QuoteIt was literally about five minutes.  Don't feel bad.

K. Cool. I was afraid I missed a bigger window....I was going to get a ticket for my 14 y/o step-niece and I felt bad that I let her down. She told me it was ok and wasn't upset at all....what a sweetheart.

Lookin forward to seeing a lineup!  :)

ALady

Me too...the Jane's Addiction/Depeche Mode/Beasties/KoL appetizer is enticing, but I want to see what the middle tier looks like!

Lineup should be out mid-April, I think.

Soulshine

QuoteMe too...the [highlight]Jane's Addiction/Depeche Mode/Beasties/KoL [/highlight]appetizer is enticing, but I want to see what the middle tier looks like!

Lineup should be out mid-April, I think.

Totally! I'm excited to see what else is in the works.  :)

buaawwww

It just got that much better... and not because of the Killers (blegh!)

TOOL To Co-Headline LOLLAPALOOZA - Mar. 24, 2009
Greg Kot of the Chicago Tribune reports that TOOL and THE KILLERS are expected to fill out the headlining slots for the fifth annual Lollapalooza festival, set to take place August 7-9 at Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois. Also scheduled to appear are the BEASTIE BOYS, DEPECHE MODE and JANE'S ADDICTION, plus KINGS OF LEON.

Brad Angle of Guitar World magazine recently conducted an interview with TOOL guitarist Adam Jones. When asked how the songwriting process for the band's new album was coming along, Jones replied, "It's been coming along... great! [laughs] No, we've been on hiatus. I'm writing and [bassist] Justin [Chancellor]'s been writing, but [frontman] Maynard [James Keenan] has been working on his wine. We've all just been taking some time away from each other, which has been nice. I've also been working on producing some comics."

TOOL has been on break from touring and writing since early 2008, following nearly two years of supporting their most recent studio album, 2006's "10,000 Days", which marked its first set of new material since 2001's "Lateralus".

getinthevan

I don't recall who published it, but it's been said that the lineup will be announced on April 21st.  While the headliners are good, I'm hoping for a really strong middle and lower tier.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place