Wilco - one off London gig!

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, Apr 19, 2009, 05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie_Walnuts

Just saw that Wilco are set to play The Troxy on 25th August. Seems its going to be their only UK gig apart from the Green Man festival.

Anyone been to The Troxy? Its not a venue I am familiar with.
Paulie W

Sparkle

Yeah, I also saw that - got quite excited until I realised I wouldn't be here  :(

Hadn't heard of the Troxy before but had a look on their website and it didn't look like a bad venue.

Vadie Stark

Wilco at Lake Tahoe in late June for us in Northern California. Tried to recreate the YHFT cover once in Chicago. I'm sure everyone does. Here's mine
and the original

You dont have long to shoot the pic from a moving tour boat.
I love Chicago! Fun Town!
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

MarkW

QuoteJust saw that Wilco are set to play The Troxy on 25th August. Seems its going to be their only UK gig apart from the Green Man festival.  Great sound, and parking in side streets nearby.

Anyone been to The Troxy? Its not a venue I am familiar with.

Saw Nick Cave at the Troxy a little while ago.  It's only recently reopened - a deco theatre in Commercial Road (East London).  Get their early to stand in the orchestra pit - the security staff limit numbers down the front, and even let you back in with drinks should you require refreshment.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

IHL

Just bought tickets for Wilco.

Jason Isbell playing the Luminaire 16/06 if you didn't already know.

He's fantastic live.

Paulie Walnuts

Seen him in the DBT's a few times. Thanks, I'll put that one in my diary.
"A problem shared......is a problem two people have got."