Songs about other bands/artists

Started by el_chode, Oct 09, 2011, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjw818

Ray LaMontagne - ''Meg White''

e_wind

Quote from: bbill on Oct 10, 2011, 01:25 PM
Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke

seriously one of the best songs ever. Seeing Stevie Wonder at Bonnaroo was one of my favorite shows of all time...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bowl of soup

Not sure this is actually about Eddie Vedder:

http://www.youtube.com/v/GOmRhOKhkOI?version=3

Local H - Eddie Vedder - can't embed for some reason
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

el_chode

Quote from: bowl of soup on Oct 10, 2011, 04:33 PM
Not sure this is actually about Eddie Vedder:

http://www.youtube.com/v/GOmRhOKhkOI?version=3

Local H - Eddie Vedder - can't embed for some reason

I think that song is more about how girls just wanted the E.V.-chic guy. I met Local H a while back, they were some cool dudes.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
Alright I think I'm halfway there. Some songs don't flow well in the mix, so I'll have to see what to do about that. And that CSS song is incredibly annoying (no offense).

do what ya gotta do pimp juice.  it's your mix.  make that bitch flow.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

he.who.forgets

woodnymph

Well, I've probably mentioned this more than enough times.... but since it's a post directly dedicated to this kind of thing, I think I'll share once again!

Robert Plant just outright says Joni Mitchell's name in the "Goin to California" from the triple-disc set How the West Was Won

If anybody has the slightest interest in hearing this, please tune into
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/11/500678/08%20-%20Going%20To%20California.wma

and listen to the whole dang thing, or check in at just about the 4 minute mark.

"To find a Queen, without a King, they say she plays guitar, cries, aaaaand she sings.... Joni...."

And I get all intertwined in the history of that one line... Joni's got the song "I Had A King," and of course her song "California"... and I just like to daydream about Robert Plant crushing on her...........  :)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

bowl of soup

One of the most important songs of our time, from one of the most important artists of our time, about one of the most important musical personalities of our time.  I proudly give to you Stuffin Martha's Muffin:

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjk73

Dandy Warhols - Cool as Kim Deal

This is a song shot at the Dandy Warhols for their song Not If You Were The Last Junkie on Earth
Brian Jonestown Massacre live in Austin

Murph

woodnymph

Ok bear with me here....

This song was written by DONOVAN, for Mama Cass.  And part of the lyrics are about Jefferson Airplane.....

So the Airplane (naturally) covered it.....

So here's THEIR groovy version, and I'll post Donovan's groovy version below it!

Jefferson Airplane - Fat Angel

The Fat Angel by Donovan

woodnymph

Most psychedelic dude ever...... a song dedicated to the trip.

This one calls out Bobby Dylan & Joniiiiiii

The Trip by Donovan on 1966 Mono Epic LP.

woodnymph

Alright last one before I head to bed....

From Check Your Head

"Jimmy James"

The OG version.... sampling Hendrix out the wazoo... (and hey, it's called Jimmy James, so I think it counts on this board for sure  8))

Strapped on the ear-goggles and what did I see?  But the music brought the people into harmonyyyy