Sunday Morning Coming Down

Started by ycartrob, Apr 26, 2009, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

True story: Kris Kristofferson wrote this while living in a run-down tenement in Nashville when he was working as a janitor for Columbia Records. He was told if he was caught pitching songs to any artists he would be fired. He delivered this song personally to Johnny Cash after landing his National Guard helicopter in Cash's front yard.

One of the saddest joyful songs I ever heard.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RLiuPRMJy8[/media]

Penny Lane

can't view it here at work but i'll check it out later.

that rolling stone article was pretty intense. renaissance man...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

the sun and moon

BH

Quotecan't view it here at work but i'll check it out later.

Are you working on a Sunday?!?!?  That's just not right.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

Quotecan't view it here at work but i'll check it out later.

Are you working on a Sunday?!?!?  That's just not right.

yes..i have worked the last 6 sundays, BH!...wall street is a ghost town on weekends, though...so i've got that going for me. ha ha (other than the tourists)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

red

Thanks for that Tracy.  Great story, and an even better song.

dragonboy

Great post Tracy. I love Kris Kristofferson! I was lucky enough to see him live many, many years ago but was too young to appreciate it. My Dad had three tickets for the Silkcut Country & Western festival at Wembley Arena in London. He asked my sister & I who the lead actor in A Star Is Born was (my Mum was a huge Barbra Streisand fan!) I got it right & got the ticket. I think Don Williams was on the bill too - imagine seeing those 2 guys now?

Everyone should own his debut it's follow up The Silver Tongued Devil & I...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.