Jessica Lea Mayfield

Started by the_sun_and_moon, May 06, 2009, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the sun and moon

I love this girl. Dan Auerbach(black keys)  produced her first album. Does anyone else listen to her?
http://www.myspace.com/jlmayfield

dragonboy

Wow! What a voice! I love these songs!!

I need this album ASAP, thanks Sun  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

(I was going to appreciative your name to S&M...probably not a good idea!  :-[  ;D )
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

the sun and moon

Such talent at only 19! Her music is amazing. I'm eager to see how she progresses.

S&M probably wouldn't be a very good idea?  :(  ;D

dragonboy

She reminds me a little of the much missed Mazzy Star. I love the haunting, reverb soaked vocals & the guitar tone is beautiful.

I don't know how many times I've listened to Kiss Me Again this morning...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

I've been wondering who the girl from "Things Ain't Like They Used to Be" was.  Turns out she's gorgeous (as is her drummer).

That voice!

"We've Never Lied" and "For Today"  are perfect.  

bold99

yeah she sang on the last Keys album and on Dan's album...she's got a good voice.  I know she's opening up for Ray Lamontagne and has a bunch of solo shows coming up.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

at dawn

THANK YOU.  I can't stop listening to her!  Just went through all the myspace songs and performances on NPR, her voice is still echoing in my head.  Must get the album right away...

the sun and moon

Jim and JLM share a love for reverb, and both have amazing voices. I think they should duet.

ALady

I like her a lot but that is a painful record for sure.  I can't listen to it all the way through, it's too depressing.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold99

QuoteI like her a lot but that is a painful record for sure.  I can't listen to it all the way through, it's too depressing.

This is exactly why I like her...lol.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

dragonboy

Ordered her album last night, should have it in a couple of days.

Thanks again Sun!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

weeniebeenie

she has a nice voice. I liked For Today.
How loud can silence get?

the sun and moon