Guided by voices / Robert Pollard

Started by LeontheHut, May 15, 2009, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

I tried to search for a thread, but I couldn't find one...

By far I consider GBV the best indie band ever! Pollard always put on great shows and always wrote great songs.

Trying to pick a favorite album is tough. If I had to I may go Mag Earwig but Alien Lanes and Bee Thousand are up there too.

Who else loves these cats?

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

buaawwww

Very good band.  I unfortunately got into them too late in the game, and they have too many albums (alot of which I have never heard), but I would say so far it is Bee Thousand.
I caught their ACL performance and wow... he Pollard was traaassshhed.  That show is on iTunes and I debated getting it.

Interesting note... I think it was in the last Rolling Stone, but they interviewed Eddie Vedder about the forthcoming new Pearl Jam album and what they were trying to do and he had said something along the lines of wanting to write short, straight ahead rock songs in the style of GBV.  Thought that was interesting.

red

I only have Alien Lanes and Bee Thousand, but think they're both masterpieces.  "Watch Me Jumpstart" is one of my many anthems.  

I'm still searching for this t-shirt that's rumoured to exist.  Says "Guided by Voices" on the front, and "What shitty band are you in?" on the back.