Current TV Tuesday

Started by Cameron, Feb 16, 2009, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hizzo

It was quite short. Some good footage though.
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

ALady

Aw, I thought it was nice.  I hadn't seen that version of "Gideon" compiled from all the audience footage from Lolla '07, and I thought that was really cool.  

Here's the link:

http://current.com/items/89823878/my_morning_jacket_s_evil_urges.htm

Anyone catch the 34 at 3:30 into the clip?   ;D ;D ;D  It's there...

Nice to see the footage from the 2008 SXSW shows, too.  I remember Jim singing all of "Highly Suspicious" over his right shoulder, with his back to the audience like Prince   ;D  So glad that made it into the video!

http://current.com/items/89034077/mmj_s_evil_urges.htm
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

wharf rat

I thought it was pretty good too.  I haven't watched enough Current to justify an opinion either way, but Jim gave it props, saying that he appreciated the relationship b/w MMJ and Current or something to that effect.
And I really liked how they peek into the band's feelings on busting out songs for the first time to the audiences.  Bo had a pretty funny head-bob at one point talking about it.

the sun and moon

I was disappointed. Mostly because I've seen most of it before and was expecting unseen footage.

manicfanatic

Yeah, Current actually showed this back in the fall.  No new footage.
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

ritchiem4812

The Gideon video is on this site under the Videos tab.

alexcho

Just watched this on YouTube.
Does anyone know if there's a longer feature or if it's available on DVD anywhere?
Would be cool to include "The Making of Evil Urges" should they decide to release a Deluxe Edition of the album.  Not suggesting that they go commercial, but so many crap albums get the deluxe treatment these days,  I'd really go for my favourite 2008 LP with loaded goodies!!! :D
On the subject of extras, has anyone watched The Flaming Lips' Christmas on Mars?  I've got it, but am afraid it might throw me off them...

Cheers,
Al

JohnQDriveway

I caught a few days ago when my wife happened upon it right when it was starting. It wasn't that great. Maybe twenty minutes of that half hour was the show, and I'd actually seen most of it already.