Saw Patrick last night

Started by Cameron, Mar 19, 2009, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

Patrick played with Dan Auerbach last night at SXSW.  Great show and it was a nice little surprise.

also met m.ward an he refused to take a picture.  little strange but no biggie.  great first day of SX!

troutc

Sweet. Wish I had gone this year. Sux about Ward..but at the same time not surprising.

slimsloslider

mr. ward's big on not having his picture taken. i saw him perform at southpaw in brooklyn a few years ago and during "fuel for fire" a young woman pushed her way to the front to snap a couple photos, then as she was turning around to head back to the rear of the venue, matt got her attention and asked for her camera. without missing a beat, he took a couple pictures of her, finished the song, then walked backstage to drop the camera off. she was pissed at first, but she got it back at the end of the show. i thought it was hilarious.

Cameron

he offered to sign anything just not take pics.  i understand it but to me it seems like it takes more effort to say no.  did get some pics with patrick and dan auerbach.  great week as always.

kymomandstuff

It's nice to know our guys aren't afraid of a little snapshot for a fan.What's M afraid of anyway? I don't get it when people won't pose for pictures,meet fans,etc. They should be plumbers if they don't want the added attention that comes with the territory. >:(
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

the sun and moon

That's too bad about M. Maybe he needs to take some lessons from MMJ about fan etiquette. Perhaps he was having a bad day? Personal reasons/beliefs?

slimsloslider

i think you can tell from listening to the man's music that he's an old soul. from what i've read and what i understand, m. ward believes its better to rely on your own recollection of things as opposed to documenting every last detail just to prove you were there. i think he has a point. i didnt post the story so you could hate on m. ward, just to explain that he really has never liked having his picture taken, and his fans should know

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteIt's nice to know our guys aren't afraid of a little snapshot for a fan.What's M afraid of anyway? I don't get it when people won't pose for pictures,meet fans,etc. They should be plumbers if they don't want the added attention that comes with the territory. >:(

::)

Wow, I don't think I could disagree more.  Just b/c a person is on a stage or in a movie or otherwise in the public eye, I don't think they somehow become a tool for us to use at our discretion, with no say or control over the situation.  

As a fan, I think it's great to get to meet musicians that I admire, but that doesn't mean that they have to be over the moon about meeting me or signing or posing for anything.  This does not diminish the music or the person.  It means that the person has some boundaries that he/she wants to maintain.  I can respect that.

TheBigChicken

still it's only a picture and everybody does has bad days
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

BH

So I wrote this song about it.  
'Cause I don't care about
any worthless photograph...
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?