We Have Arrived Bonnaroo 2004 - Cool Film

Started by marino13, May 28, 2009, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marino13

http://www.sundancechannel.com/films/500013529

I saw this film on HDNet over the weekend and wasn't aware of it.  It ends with footage of MMJ. First they cut back and forth between a Jim solo acoustic version of "Golden" for some VIP's and the full band performance in front of the crowd.  Then they cut to the last couple minutes of "Steam Engine" in the downpour, including Jim holding the guitar up to the sky.  Finally, they showed the guys huddled up back stage after the show, all giddy, talking about how awesome the moment was and then the credits roll.  Cool, cool stuff.  There was also some good Black Keys and KOL footage in the movie.  Has this been out there for a long time?

lasvegas

QuoteThen they cut to the last couple minutes of "Steam Engine" in the downpour, including Jim holding the guitar up to the sky.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

and yes it's been out for a few years. great flick.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

tdb810

just watched it again last night.....that version of golden melts my heart....and love all the footage of the scene.  
.....Back at the Model Home

Dillsnufus

dang i want to see it . whenis it on again

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

tdb810

It's on the HD Net Channel, and I don't see it in the lineup for the next 7 days, but here is the description, so you can look out for it.

We Have Arrived - Bonnaroo 2004  
Synopsis: Bonnaroo Music Festival 2004 sold a record-breaking 90,000 tickets, the year's highest grossing North American event! The line-up includes some of today's greatest bands, including The Dead, Dave Matthews, Trey Anastasio of Phish, Wilco and more than 30 other great performers.

hope you get to see it.  

goldenlady

I wonder if it's on netflix or you can rent it somewhere...we dont have HD Net:(

tdb810

Ok, so there are two discs on netflix available from the 2004 show.  Here are the setlists:

1. Burning Spear - - Postman 2. My Morning Jacket -- One Big Holiday 3. Los Lonely Boys -- Cottonfields and Crossroads 4. Gillian Welch -- Caleb Meyer 5. Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra -- Ska Me Crazy 6. Praxis -- Praxis One 7. Dave Matthews & Friends -- Trouble 8. The Black Keys -- Hard Row 9. X-Ecutioners -- Symphony for 6 Turntables 10. Steve Winwood -- Dear Mr. Fantasy 11. Gov't Mule -- Blind Man in the Dark 12. Damien Rice -- Volcano 13. Primus -- My Friend Fats 14. moe. -- Rebubula Disc Two: 1. Robert Randolph & The Family Band -- Moving in the Right Direction 2. Gomez -- Nothing is Wrong 3. Ani DiFranco -- Evolve 4. Galactic -- Bongo Joe 5. North Mississippi Allstars Hill Country Revue -- Snake Drive 6. Guster -- FaFa 7. Kings of Leon -- Trani 8. Trey Anastasio -- Alive Again 9. Chris Robinson -- 40 Days 10. Femi Kuti -- Truth Don't Die 11. Antigone Rising -- Push It 12. Beth Orton -- Best Bit 13. Doc Watson & Jack Lawrence -- Lady Be Good 14. Ween -- Zoloft 15. Taj Mahal -- Linda Lu 16. The Dead -- Good Lovin'

So, not the same as the one we have been talking about with Golden/Steam Engine, but worth checking out.   :D

goose

I posted something about this a while back.  I recorded it on HDNet about a year ago and kept it.  I will never get rid of it as long as I have DVR.  I watch the ending about once a week.  I love the Damien Rice and Black KEys.  KOL kills it as well.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

tdb810

Me too! I have it protected too so it can't be deleted! JJ in the tent totally overwhelms me.....

goose

Yeah, LoveDog saw that show.  I am envious of that one.  I wasn't a fan then, but I would have been after that.  Too bad.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jellyfish

QuoteOk, so there are two discs on netflix available from the 2004 show.  Here are the setlists:

1. Burning Spear - - Postman 2. My Morning Jacket -- One Big Holiday 3. Los Lonely Boys -- Cottonfields and Crossroads 4. Gillian Welch -- Caleb Meyer 5. Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra -- Ska Me Crazy 6. Praxis -- Praxis One 7. Dave Matthews & Friends -- Trouble 8. The Black Keys -- Hard Row 9. X-Ecutioners -- Symphony for 6 Turntables 10. Steve Winwood -- Dear Mr. Fantasy 11. Gov't Mule -- Blind Man in the Dark 12. Damien Rice -- Volcano 13. Primus -- My Friend Fats 14. moe. -- Rebubula Disc Two: 1. Robert Randolph & The Family Band -- Moving in the Right Direction 2. Gomez -- Nothing is Wrong 3. Ani DiFranco -- Evolve 4. Galactic -- Bongo Joe 5. North Mississippi Allstars Hill Country Revue -- Snake Drive 6. Guster -- FaFa 7. Kings of Leon -- Trani 8. Trey Anastasio -- Alive Again 9. Chris Robinson -- 40 Days 10. Femi Kuti -- Truth Don't Die 11. Antigone Rising -- Push It 12. Beth Orton -- Best Bit 13. Doc Watson & Jack Lawrence -- Lady Be Good 14. Ween -- Zoloft 15. Taj Mahal -- Linda Lu 16. The Dead -- Good Lovin'

So, not the same as the one we have been talking about with Golden/Steam Engine, but worth checking out.   :D
That DVD was released commercially but the "We Have Arrived" movie has not to my knowledge.Someone sent it to me on a disc awhile back,can't remember who but thanks,I still watch it from time to time.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

goose

Quotei hope this comes on again :-(

I wish I could burn it from TIVO and send it to you Penny.