Most anticipated of 2011

Started by e_wind, Dec 24, 2010, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Dec 30, 2010, 02:58 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Dec 30, 2010, 02:16 PM
I never got into radiohead. I liked In Rainbows. Does that make me a bad person? I liked it possibly due to the situation I was in when I heard it - drinking heavily at Monks in Philly in the middle of the afternoon.

Also Fleet Foxes and Band of Horses always interest me for about 5 minutes before I turn it off and just put on an MMJ album

In Rainbows rules

So does The Bends and OK Computer, other than those 3, didn't love any of the others..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 30, 2010, 03:20 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Dec 30, 2010, 02:58 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Dec 30, 2010, 02:16 PM
I never got into radiohead. I liked In Rainbows. Does that make me a bad person? I liked it possibly due to the situation I was in when I heard it - drinking heavily at Monks in Philly in the middle of the afternoon.

Also Fleet Foxes and Band of Horses always interest me for about 5 minutes before I turn it off and just put on an MMJ album

In Rainbows rules

So does The Bends and OK Computer, other than those 3, didn't love any of the others..

Kid A is my favorite album of all time.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ALady

Jayhawks are mixing a new record, that'll likely be out next year.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ralph

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 30, 2010, 03:19 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Dec 30, 2010, 03:07 PM
Quote from: ALady on Dec 30, 2010, 03:02 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 30, 2010, 09:45 AM
I was excited about the Fleet Foxes myself until I read some of the difficulties they have had with the recording process. I can't remember where I read some of the things around it but I believe they have have difficulty with the writing process, stalled several times in trying to get it out and I believe abandoned quite a bit. I also read somewhere that Robin reported there will be more electronics on the album and maybe even danceable stuff? This could all not be true and just speculation but this kind of news makes me think sophmore slump.

Yeah, I think it was a myspace message or something like that?  It worried me too.

That's weird. Last I heard, Robin said it was going to be "less poppy" than the first. But that was a while ago.
That's exactly what I heard too, "less poppy"ness... from what I've heard (when I saw them July '09) they had a REALLY F'N RIGHTEOUS new song, "Blue Spotted Tail," that I fell in love
with the minute Robin started belting it..... and there's also been a song "Bedouin Dress" that's been floating around some of their later shows.... also sounds pretty cool.  And other live youtubes of them that I've seen, I can't tell if they're new Fleet songs or cover tunes for some of 'em.... I dunno though, I think I'll dig anything they do..... I also love Robin's solo tunes under White Antelope, cover of Joan Baez' "Silver Dagger," "False Knight on the Road
(BEAUTIFUL SONG... was fortunate enough to see him come out and play it in '09 that fateful night.....) and his version of "Wild Mountain Thyme," which always takes me to my imaginary cabin in the mountains...  :P Def. stoked for their newness, whenever they're ready to share

Guys, to avoid disappointment just get your Beach Boys & CSNY records out and play those!!! ;D
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

woodnymph

Quote from: ralph on Dec 30, 2010, 05:35 PM
Guys, to avoid disappointment just get your Beach Boys & CSNY records out and play those!!! ;D
They're each individual bubbles of sparkling gems of magick harmonizing angels. The Fleets just happen to theme 90% of their lyrics to nature, so you know I'm not writing them off anytime soon.  ;D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

wolof7

Anyone else excited for a new Mars Volta album? I can't believe it's been 1 year and 7 months and counting since their last. Hoping that it is as chaotic as Bedlam but as listenable as Deloused.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

kydiddle

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Dec 30, 2010, 03:00 PM
If they play, I'm going, so its a date.

Woo hoo! A date with Ghosts and Radiohead. Holla.
Cow temperature.

marino13

The Go! Team
Amos Lee

Amos did a lot of collaborating with the Calexico boys on this one.  Sam Beam's on there as well.   Comes out end of Jan., should be great. 

I would bet heavily on a sophomore slump from Fleet Foxes.  From interviews I've read from them, they basically didn't even like the last album they put out and lucked into their success, right sound right time.  This time I'm guessing they'll try too hard to progress and will miss the mark.   The comments made earlier about their recording struggles are already pointing to this.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Quote from: BH on Jan 31, 2011, 12:38 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 31, 2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.fleetfoxes.com/

finally!

Woohoo! This sounds REALLY good. Wish they were coming closer, but Dallas is close enough for me.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bowl of soup

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

wolof7

Finally!

The return of TV ON THE RADIO

Nine Types of Light coming this spring

Yes!

jones

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 07, 2011, 03:43 PM
Finally!

The return of TV ON THE RADIO

Nine Types of Light coming this spring

Yes!
Finally is right!

I just created a new TVOTR thread right before I saw your post.  I think that we had one before, but my search didn't turn anything up...

tdb810

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Dec 27, 2010, 11:04 PM
New Twilight Singers!

Drive By Truckers

Just sampling some of the Twilight Singers Now.  Have always adored Greg Dulli, but haven't followed much of this, so pretty excited to check it out. 
.....Back at the Model Home

dragonboy

Next week!!! Not too sure what has happened to his/the LTE thread...you're seeing him in April, right Batman?

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Murph

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but this is what I'm most excited for currently:

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/27/134025089/first-listen-kurt-vile-smoke-ring-for-my-halo

wolof7

Quote from: Murph on Mar 07, 2011, 08:39 PM
Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but this is what I'm most excited for currently:

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/27/134025089/first-listen-kurt-vile-smoke-ring-for-my-halo
Listened to it for the first time today....it's pretty awesome!

CC

Quote from: dragonboy on Mar 07, 2011, 08:01 PM
Next week!!! Not too sure what has happened to his/the LTE thread...you're seeing him in April, right Batman?

yes sir!