Best Rhythm Sections

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

James Jamerson and Benny Benjamin - The Funk Brothers (Motown House Band)  :drum:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

oistheone

Quote from: bbill on Jan 02, 2011, 03:14 PM
George Porter Jr. and "Zigaboo" Modeliste - The Meters

:beer:

Tired Eyes

Lots of great rhythm sections mentioned already.  I'll add the following.

Choy/Flynn - Atheist
Ellefson/Menza - Megadeth
DiGeorgio/Reinert - Death
Malone/Reinert - Cynic
Butler/Ward - Black Sabbath
Glover/Paice - Deep Purple
McCartney/Starr - The Beatles
Tallent/Weinberg - The E Street Band
Lynott/Downey - Thin Lizzy
Mendez/Lopez - Opeth

rincon2

Starts and ends with Moon/Entwistle. :cheesy: Are we talking Rock and Roll or Cheese? The two greatest musicians in RnR history just happened to be in the same band. And...they are both dead!! So stop with the fricken Who tours!  If you have never seen this, please watch the whole thing. Simply my favorite music piece ever, until I heard MMJ. Might still be     The Who - Amazing Journey/Sparks (HD) [1970.07.07] Tanglewood, Lenox, Massachusetts (Remastered)

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Shug

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Jan 02, 2011, 06:52 AM
Al Greens rhythm section...the Hodges. Charles,Teenie ,and Maurice with Al Jackson Jr on drums.....now that shit is tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got that fuckin' right!  Glad to see these guys get some love.  And add in Al Jackson Jr on drums with Duck Dunn on bass across town over at Stax.

And then lets head south a little bit to visit Muscle Shoals with Roger Hawkins and David Hood of The Swampers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_Shoals_Rhythm_Section

And then you gotta head north to Detroit for Motown's house band, The Funk Brothers.  James Jamerson on bass and a rotating cast of drummers, but still...!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"