Pearl Jam Destination Concert

Started by CTdeadhead, Jan 06, 2011, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: ALady on Jul 27, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 26, 2011, 08:16 PM
So who all on this board are going to this?  I managed to score a hookup for these and hotel up in the Milly Wah Kay.  Hate to admit I'm not the biggest PJ fan but am nonetheless looking forward to it.  Well that and the 1st row, Cubs dugout seats for Friday at Wrigley. :D

1.  Ruckus+3 ;)

2. alady + PJ nation

Rock the Bells not looking too bloody likely at the moment unfortunately.  This'll do.

I'll take your Rock the Bells tix.  That lineup is sick!

I hope to meet your new man PJNation  ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

Yeah that trailer gave me goosebumps too! Can't wait to see it. If jacket was at this it would be a no brainer, two greatest bands ever.

Btw, IM STILL WAITING ON MY EDDIE VEDDER CD, BOOK, AND DVD. TWO MONTHS AFTER RELEASE DATE.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ALady

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 27, 2011, 02:55 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jul 27, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 26, 2011, 08:16 PM
So who all on this board are going to this?  I managed to score a hookup for these and hotel up in the Milly Wah Kay.  Hate to admit I'm not the biggest PJ fan but am nonetheless looking forward to it.  Well that and the 1st row, Cubs dugout seats for Friday at Wrigley. :D

1.  Ruckus+3 ;)

2. alady + PJ nation

Rock the Bells not looking too bloody likely at the moment unfortunately.  This'll do.

I'll take your Rock the Bells tix.  That lineup is sick!

I hope to meet your new man PJNation  ;)

Ha!  I wish they were mine to give (and I really wish I could go   :-\)  Can we drink enough bourbon so that we don't care?

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 27, 2011, 03:08 PM
Btw, IM STILL WAITING ON MY EDDIE VEDDER CD, BOOK, AND DVD. TWO MONTHS AFTER RELEASE DATE.

Heh.  Classic 10c....
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 27, 2011, 12:32 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 26, 2011, 06:47 PM
Man oh man oh man oh man oh man.....

One of my best friend's boyfriend has a brother who won a pair of tickets from a radio trivia question that he answered about PJ...  and he's taking my friend's boyfriend!!!

He definitely deserves it (they both do, thankfully)  They've been fans for ages, and his bro even knew whatever random trivia they threw, so it's all good.  Just wish I was going to this too, of course!

Not sure what the question was that he guessed correctly, I'll have to ask her bf next time I see them.

I'm super stoked for you guys that are going though!!! GHAAAAA!!!   :D :D :D

Damn thats awesome.

I honestly feel like the whole organization concept of this festival is very offputting. Hotels an hour away and bussing in is a turn off. The same bands playing both nights is a turn off. If I was going it would basically be two REALLY expensive and high maintance pearl jam shows. None the less,  I wish I wouldve bought tickets. I'm sure I could buy some, but at this point finding a hotel, buying tickets taht aren't through the 10 club, etc, not sure how worth it would be. I basically chose to see Jacket 5 times in august instead. and couldnt afford to pay for PJ20 and red rocks trip all in the same couple weeks

I love Eddie and company, and hope everyone going has an AWESOME time.

Damn e, still no cd & all!!  Have you contacted them at all?  Well shit, that's understandable you couldn't afford everything at once, I can't afford either!  :P  Def. good move on the Jacket 5-show run ya picked  :thumbsup:

I'm glad my friend's guy is goin too because now at least I can get a good scoop on everything (well I guess everyone on here will be writing some sweet reviews, I can't wait to hear ALADY'S!!!)  :-D

Hope ya get your cd, dvd, and book soon too man!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

APR

1. Ruckus
2. ALady
3. APR

I've been following PJ for about 20 years and never thought I'd like a band as much as them.  But MMJ's greatness has been on that same rediculous level for me for the past few years.
Ruckus.... hope to see you at MPP and/or Wisconsin.  I still owe you a drink from the Charlottesville show.

e_wind

Just got home to my songbook, DVD, and cd! woo

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

joe v

Quote from: APR on Jul 28, 2011, 08:52 PM
1. Ruckus
2. ALady
3. APR

I've been following PJ for about 20 years and never thought I'd like a band as much as them.  But MMJ's greatness has been on that same rediculous level for me for the past few years.
Ruckus.... hope to see you at MPP and/or Wisconsin.  I still owe you a drink from the Charlottesville show.
Someone please add me to this list :dankk2:.
PJ 20 & the MMJ Red Rocks show, see you all there  :D.
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.

e_wind

after two listens of the EV album:

I love Eds voice in mellower songs, so I think it sounds amazing through out this record. I, however, can't quite understand why he did an entire album with an instrument thats not very versatile, sounds like one long song to me. Its pretty though.

halesdd

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 31, 2011, 09:46 PM
after two listens of the EV album:

I love Eds voice in mellower songs, so I think it sounds amazing through out this record. I, however, can't quite understand why he did an entire album with an instrument thats not very versatile, sounds like one long song to me. Its pretty though.

I guess to be different is why he choose the uke.  Its an instrument that has pretty limited capabilities since it is only a four string instrument.  Either way, as you said, its a pretty album all the same.  DVD is pretty good stuff.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Ruckus

Quote from: APR on Jul 28, 2011, 08:52 PM
1. Ruckus
2. ALady
3. APR

No APR, I owe you a drink.   :beer:  You bought a ticket off of me you needn't have.  Will definitely have to meet up for a beer at some point.

bartel

I will be there for both nights!! coming from south jersey and staying in milwaukee... can't wait am pumped!!!

lucylew

1. Ruckus
2. ALady
3. APR
4. Lucylew

Staying in Milwaukee and taking the PJ bus to the venue.  I don't plan on being in any shape to drive.  :thumbsup:

javariajee

halesdd

1. Ruckus
2. ALady
3. APR
4. Lucylew
5. halesdd
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Miss X

;D Hello All!  I am a newbie here, and my first post is to say that YES! I'm going to this aweome fest.  Huge Queens & PJ fan...never seen the Strokes... We are driving from Pittsburgh & camping at Bark River ($10 a day plus a shuttle for $70 both nights that allows you to bring a cooler, no DUI's!!)

PS, MMJ killed it in the burgh 2 nights ago. It was so good that I missed work the next day.

ALady

Welcome Miss X!  See you in a few weeks!    :thumbsup:

Ruckus

So besides the big name name acts that I'm not overly enamored with, what are some of the smaller acts that are recommended live viewing?

mahg33ta

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 29, 2011, 07:15 PM
So besides the big name name acts that I'm not overly enamored with, what are some of the smaller acts that are recommended live viewing?

I've seen Liam Finn twice and really enjoyed him.

ALady

I recommend Drinking Bourbon With Alady In The Lot, they are spectacular live.