Main Menu

Iron & Wine

Started by woodnymph, Jan 07, 2011, 01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 28, 2011, 01:37 AM
Nice setlist there, sir!!  You'll be seeing him with band soon, can't wait to hear what they play!!!!

Just bought Creek Drank the Cradle on vinyl todayyyyyyy and have it on now........ sooooo smooootthhhhhh.... Bird Stealing Bread......... wheeeewwwww.....  8)
[

/quote]

nice
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

woodnymph

Ssssttttt!!!!

http://www.ironandwine.com/tour/e24ad8-buckhead-theatre-nov11-2011/

IRON & WINE PLAYING ATLANTA, GA 11-11-11!!!!!!   I know of no better way to spend the trifecta of 11's!!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D

And here's to hoping I can pull off the Stubb's show with Sam & YY!!!!   :D :D :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

HAVE FUN TONIGHT DAN!!!!!   :o :o :o :o :o  Keep us posted with what they play ya!!!!!

tdb810

Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 10, 2011, 03:56 PM
HAVE FUN TONIGHT DAN!!!!!   :o :o :o :o :o  Keep us posted with what they play ya!!!!!

Dan posted on FB that he had coffee with Sam at a Donut shoppe in Seattle!  How cool is that???? I was like, "No way," and he was like "Way" hahaha!  So cool for him!
.....Back at the Model Home

YouAre_GivenToFly

I'm posting this from the venue.... which is like seattles fancy version of radio city.... so awesome. Ran out for coffee this morning and sam was sitting out front of this place two blocks from my hotel. Such a nice dude. Totally forgot to ask him about his show with jim!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Also happened to be the best iced coffee I've ever had. Minor detail.

tdb810

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Sep 10, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'm posting this from the venue.... which is like seattles fancy version of radio city.... so awesome. Ran out for coffee this morning and sam was sitting out front of this place two blocks from my hotel. Such a nice dude. Totally forgot to ask him about his show with jim!

So cool for you! Super Happy for ya!
.....Back at the Model Home

woodnymph

OH MY GOD HIGH FIVE!!!!!  Way to go, congrats!!!!  How special!!!  Wowowowowowowow I'd have forgotten my bloody name if I were in the same situation, no worries about the show with Jim!  I'd love to hear what ya did get to chat about though!!  And hmmmm Seattle.... guess the show's going on right now still!  Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!   :D :D :D

TheBigChicken

shaweeeet
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

YouAre_GivenToFly

Awesome show. Full review when I get near a real computer

Rabbit will run
God made the automobile
Freedom hangs like heaven
Lovesong of the buzzard
Sea and the rhythm
Big burned hand
Half moon
Arms of a theif/The devil never sleeps
Jesus the mexican boy
Walking far from home
On your wings
Peace beneath the city/Sinning hands
My lady's house
Free until they cut me down
Your fake name is good enough for me
-----
Tree by the river

woodnymph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Sep 11, 2011, 03:27 AM

Rabbit will run
God made the automobile
Lovesong of the buzzard
Sea and the rhythm
Big burned hand
Half moon
Jesus the mexican boy
Walking far from home
On your wings
My lady's house
-----
Tree by the river

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiceee!!!  What a great set!!!  And you got an Arms of a Thief!!!!   Ahhhh!!!  How supreme!!!   :thumbsup:  Thanks for the lowdown!!

j_rud

Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 11, 2011, 09:13 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Sep 11, 2011, 03:27 AM

Rabbit will run
God made the automobile
Lovesong of the buzzard
Sea and the rhythm
Big burned hand
Half moon
Jesus the mexican boy
Walking far from home
On your wings
My lady's house
-----
Tree by the river

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiceee!!!  What a great set!!!  And you got an Arms of a Thief!!!!   Ahhhh!!!  How supreme!!!   :thumbsup:  Thanks for the lowdown!!

Have you seen him on this tour? Absolutely mind blowing. The Shepherds Dog tour was like a bridge to his show becoming a full-on rock/blues/jazz show complete with 20 minute jams. He re-works a lot of old stuff with the full band too, kinda makes Creek and Endless Numbered sound like demos. I loved it but its earned a fair amount of griping from self professed hardcore types.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

woodnymph

Quote from: j_rud on Sep 11, 2011, 10:20 AM
Have you seen him on this tour? Absolutely mind blowing. The Shepherds Dog tour was like a bridge to his show becoming a full-on rock/blues/jazz show complete with 20 minute jams. He re-works a lot of old stuff with the full band too, kinda makes Creek and Endless Numbered sound like demos. I loved it but its earned a fair amount of griping from self professed hardcore types.

All that I've seen of him on this tour has just been videoooooo  :embarassed:  But 11-11-11 it's on!!!!!

And to me it feels like a Dylan gone electric experience... where, yeah, he's changed his sound a great deal, and it's not all soft folky goodness all the time.... but MAN if you can readjust your ears to the change you are IN FOR IT!!  And I don't feel that way about many artists/bands... to my ears, some artists can carry the awesomeness over to that next level, and some artists lose the honesty or the genuine element (changing to fit more into the status quo).    ...I feel that Sam's change is a true reflection of his soul and self-growth, even though I feel sometimes that Tree By the River is a little too over-produced on Kiss Eachother Clean  heh  :P  But it hasn't changed my overall feelings for his music.... now I'm just in love with ALL of his work!!

And I love how he re-works his older tunes too... it starts off like a new song and then WHAM he hits you with the first verse and your head just reels with the recognition  :D  I'm the slightly obsessed one on the I&W forum and on torrent hunts for all the live shows I can sequester just to hear the 50 different ways he does Bird Stealing Bread or Sunset Soon Forgotten  :P

C'mon 11-11-11!!!!    :D

woodnymph

woodnymph

Just throwing out a line.... anyone catching these guys in Atlanta 11-11-11??  I'll be there with a friend or 2 in tow, & it would be swell to meet up with a forum folk(s)!!

woodnymph

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

woodnymph

Quote from: Penny Lane on Nov 21, 2011, 11:38 PM
anyone see this Live from the Artist Den--accapella Flightless Bird, American Mouth

http://www.hulu.com/watch/302681/live-from-the-artists-den-flightless-bird-american-mouth-by-iron-and-wine#s-p1-sr-i0

Aaaaaahhhhh I've been pining to hear that!  Thanks for sharing!!!  I've been online any chance that I get reading reviews of this show, cause I was of course going to head down for it!  Then I got into another scene that day and stayed in the Asheville bubble instead..... but man, I bet those dang cameras were filming the whole night!  They ought to release the whole thingggg!!!   :D :D :D

woodnymph

WHOA! This cat has 11 videos posted of his 11-piece ensemble playing on 11-11-11  haha righteousssss  8)

Iron & Wine at the Buckhead Theater in Atlanta, Ga 11-11-11 (1 of 11)

woodnymph

I will refrain from posting all 11 videos I will refrain from posting all 11 videos I will refrain from posting all 11 videos I will refrain from posting all 11 videos...........

:D :D :D :D :D

1. Rabbit Will Run
2. Morning>
3. EVENING ON THE GROUNDS WTF?!?!?!?
4. God Made The Automobile
5. Freedom Hangs Like Heavennnnn
6. Summer In Savannah
7. WOMAN KING  (Holy Woman King nightttt)
8. Glad Man Singing!  (I still like to affectionately refer to this one as Mouth of the River, its name on setlists before the album was released, when it was just Sam strumming his acoustic for it  :-*)
9. HE LAYS IN THE REINS
10. Jesus the Mexican Boy
11. Wolves
12. Walking Far From Home
13. Boy With A Coin
14. MY LADY'S HOUSE (a stellar beautiful version...)
15. On Your Wings
16. LION'S MAAAAANNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
17. Free Until They Cut Me Down
18. Tree By the River ("Mary Anne" pre-KEOC  :-*)
19. Sodom, South Georgia.  I would have been in tears. I might be in tears right now.