The Seasonal Music Thread

Started by el_chode, Jan 21, 2011, 01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

If you've got seasonal tastes, then sprinkle them here, by album or artist if you choose.

Personally:

Mid Winter: Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Modest mouse, Neil Young, the National, Sonic Youth, Dismemberment Plan
Late Winter/Spring: Built to Spill, Flaming Lips, Ryan Adams, Black Keys, Hold Steady, the Whigs, Tennesee Fire, LCD Soundsystem
Late Spring/Early Summer: The Dead, Evil Urges (late spring only), Yo La Tengo, Phish, Dr. Dog
All Summer Long: The Dead, Phish, It Still Moves, Zeppelin, Wax Fang, The Bees
Late Summer/Early Autumn: At Dawn, Trail of Dead, Phish, the Eels
Autumn into Early Winter: Mostly the same thing as mid-winter, but Z and At Dawn usually carry my straight from August til November.
I'm surrounded by assholes

woodnymph

EL CHODE  :-*

Another thread well done. Wish I had time to churn some of my favorites out, but I better get to sleep now... time to think about it til tomorrow though at least! OH I HAVE GOOD ONES TO TOSS IN!!

Random one on the top of my mind after catching the Robert Plant show...
Mid - Late Autumn: Led Zeppelin - That's the Way (and Ramble on, of course..) That's the Way just hits me on country roads with the sweeping guitar loveliness that seems to glide in synchronized patterns with the leaves blowing in wispy waves across the road or when they're all gliding down over your car with the song playing... and Battle of Evermore on the foggiest autumn nights.

I WANT TO ADD MORE. Must.......sleep....... meh

I'm defying the sandman!!!  So "In the Light" with the "Bron-Yr-Aur" segue goes into my "Mid-Late Autumn" basket too. OK MORE TOMORROW
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ralph

just as its starting to warm up into Spring from Winter:

- Come On Feel The Lemonheads by The Lemonheads!
- What Rhymes With Cars & Girls by Tim Rogers and The Twin Set

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Penny Lane

Winter time: straight Felice Bros (grimey NY music)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMillionDreams

Nice thread!  I like it especially because I've always thought of MMJ's music fitting all seasons:

Winter: Tennessee Fire, Leonard Cohen, most Beck, Radiohead (ex. The Bends which is a summer album in my mind)

Spring:  At Dawn, Beatles, some Ryan Adams

Summer:  It Still Moves, Evil Urges, Paul Simon, Wax Fang, Sublime, some Beck

Fall: Z, any bluegrass, Van Morrison, most Ryan Adams,
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

wolof7

Great thread I've also categorized or found trends in my listening through the seasons (MMJ and the Band in all seaons is to be assumed).

Winter - Sigur Ros, Radiohead, fleet foxes, Vince Guaraldi Trio, Spoon, The Slip, The National, David Bowie, Black Mountain, Benevento Russo Duo, Felice Brothers, Iron & Wine

Spring - Ted Leo and the Rx, Ryan Adams, Yo La Tengo, Built To Spill, Andrew Bird, Devendra Banhart, Pixies, Flaming Lips, Delta Spirit, Dawes, TV on the Radio, Modest Mouse

Summer - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bruce Springsteen, Phish, Arcade Fire, Girls, Huey Lewis and the News, Pearl Jam, Wilco, Deertick, Warren Zevon, Black Crowes, Black Keys

Fall-  Band of Horses, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan, Widespread Panic (yes, til the medicine takes is a near perfect fall album), Warren Zevon, Elvis Perkins in Dearland, Low Anthem, Alberta Cross, M. Ward, Van Morrison, Loundon Wainwrgiht III

I'm sure I'm leaving a ton out but I do not have my library at my disposal right now!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee