New Honda Accord Commercials

Started by D_Hewlett, Nov 11, 2010, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

Anyone noticed the background music in the new Accord adds? It has haunting background vocals that sound right out of  MMJ. It clearly is not them, but I think their influence is more known than they are themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QiFgFgyKMU

BH

Quotetry this ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IwYQ1Vqf_4&t=1m16s

So you are saying that Art Garfunkel used a time machine to go to the future and totally rip off Rollin' Back.  That asshole!

:)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Oh jesus...it's a good thing I already got called out for being an asshole today.

Edit: And old.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

rincon

Oh well. Never heard the S&G song. I sit corrected. Does sound like them though.

gardenparty

QuoteOh jesus...it's a good thing I already got called out for being an asshole today.

Edit: And old.

get your feet off the boat, Crispy!

haha

BH

QuoteOh well. Never heard the S&G song. I sit corrected. Does sound like them though.

Totally sounds like them.  I hope you know I was calling art garfunkel the asshole for stealing rolling back.  Not you.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rincon

I get internet sarcasm better than most. No offense, if anything I feel silly.

kydiddle

QuoteI get internet sarcasm better than most. No offense, if anything I feel silly.

DON'T feel silly. Every single time I hear that commercial in the background, I always do a double take thinking it's MMJ, because the clip they use is so close to Rollin' Back.
Cow temperature.

johnnYYac

I must've seen the commercial three times tonight, watching Futurama with the wife.  Definitely fills my mind with MMJ.  Close enough for me to care less where it originally came from.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

buymycar

QuoteOh well. Never heard the S&G song. I sit corrected. Does sound like them though.

I thought that everyone has heard the Garden State soundtrack by now.

MMJ_fanatic

I'm sooo glad I found this thread--the ads have totally sent me back to the S & G section of the crates in my l'il home.  I am totally on the boat with y'all identifying the Accord clip with MMJ.  That is one of the first things I mentioned to the lady of the house--that I got goose bumps and thought of MMJ.  She didn't catch the reference until I said "Think Wordless Chorus" and then her lightbulb lit.

I TOTALLY WANT MMJ TO COVER THIS NEXT TIME OUT!!!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.