MMJ's New Album (Man Hands) makes SPIN's Top 30 of 2011

Started by el_chode, Jan 24, 2011, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

I heard it's tentatively titled "Man Hands"
MY MORNING JACKET

The Louisville, Kentucky, rockers are going back to basics on their sixth record, producing the set themselves in their own recording space -- a converted gymnasium. "This time it's just the five of us; the control room is only separated by a curtain," bassist Tommy Blankenship told SPIN in October. "We're going back to a similar vibe that we had on the first three records. It's definitely more laid back than it's been in a while. [The album has] got that vibe to it where it sounds likes everybody is in the same room. Even if someone is only playing on half of a song, you can still feel their presence."
I'm surrounded by assholes

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

el_chode

bluesky

they must be reading pennylanes post about Ms Atkins  ;D

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

My Morning Tube top

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 24, 2011, 09:22 PM
Never watched Seinfeld, so...no?

There is so much sad in this statement. So you don't know what "Master of your Domain" means or "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Crispy

Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Jan 25, 2011, 03:04 AM

There is so much sad in this statement. So you don't know what "Master of your Domain" means or "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Or the significance of the name "Dolores"?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

Penny Lane

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 AM

or 'I can't spare a square'.....or the Elaine dance! ...or the car with the B.O.!..

Penny Lane

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 24, 2011, 10:50 PM
they must be reading pennylanes post about Ms Atkins  ;D

hey now...i would like to officially say that i don't KNOW if she has man hands..there was a LOT going on that NYE..i could have POSSIBLY made that up..I was just jealous because she was holding hands with someone WAYYYYY more than the song called for..(but if they name the new album that, i should get thrown some kind of bone....)? get it< bone?? bwhwhahahahahahahahha

headhunter

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jaimoe

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 25, 2011, 08:48 AM

you're un-American, chode...WTF!!!!???

I'd say inhuman, because Seinfeld is more universal than just the US border.

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

jones

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 25, 2011, 08:50 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 AM

or 'I can't spare a square'.....or the Elaine dance! ...or the car with the B.O.!..
Or "sponge worthy"?

Hawkeye

We could.

el_chode

It gets worse. Here is a list of supposedly "you're unAmerican if you've never watched" shows I'll admit to never have seeing*:

• Saved by the bell
  • Fresh Prince
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • The Wire
*By never watched, I mean never willingly sat through and paid attention to an episode. I can't say that I've never been in a room where the show has been on or been subjected to like 10 minutes of it. Example: I've had to watch the parts of Saved by the Bell and Fresh Prince involving drugs for school, so I'm familiar with Carlton's dance.

Ruckus

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
It gets worse. Here is a list of supposedly "you're unAmerican if you've never watched" shows I'll admit to never have seeing*:

• Saved by the bell
  • Fresh Prince
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • The Wire
*By never watched, I mean never willingly sat through and paid attention to an episode. I can't say that I've never been in a room where the show has been on or been subjected to like 10 minutes of it. Example: I've had to watch the parts of Saved by the Bell and Fresh Prince involving drugs for school, so I'm familiar with Carlton's dance.
I hope you get around to seeing the last two.  They are timeless.

Flyguy is a sweet ass-biker
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 25, 2011, 11:42 AM

• Saved by the bell
  • Fresh Prince
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • The Wire

i never really watched 'Friends'
also i think the 90120 should only apply to the seasons when Brenda was in it

jones