What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeniebeenie

Just bought the Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid soundtrack by Bob Dylan.
Sounds so nice in summer.
How loud can silence get?

Jon T.

I had a pretty productive couple days of vinyl accumulation. Productive by my standards, ayway.

Ryan Adams - Gold
CSNY - Deja Vu
Dylan -Greatest Hits Vol II
Some Bluegrass album- not even sure who it is

Only Ryan Adams was new, the rest I found at the flea market.  And my bro- in-law said he has a few he's going to give me.  Including The Wall and Lynyrd Sykynrd's orginal pressing of Street Survivors.

j_rud

The in-laws are always good for a fat gift card for my birthday, picked these up on an unexpected trip. Very, very pleased...

Mars Volta Live at the Electric Ballroom (Deloused in the Comatorium)

Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Ruckus

Hey, I've heard of that Arbouretum band.  Where'd you find the vinyl man?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

j_rud

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
Hey, I've heard of that Arbouretum band.  Where'd you find the vinyl man?

Haha, thanks for introducing me to them man, it definitely took. Picked it up at Siren Records in Doylestown Pa. I must have gotten at least $400 dollars in gift cards between Christmas and my birthday today. Which is to say I have nearly $400 in new vinyl.

johnnYYac

Finally snagged Monsters of Folk via the UK, new for $35 US shipped.  Playing the first disc and it sounds great!  Its like hearing it again for the first time!  Anyone know why the vinyl is so hard to find?  Limited pressing?  Anyway, highly recommend this one.   

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

j_rud

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 10, 2012, 10:31 PM
Finally snagged Monsters of Folk via the UK, new for $35 US shipped.  Playing the first disc and it sounds great!  Its like hearing it again for the first time!  Anyone know why the vinyl is so hard to find?  Limited pressing?  Anyway, highly recommend this one.   

I'd wager thats gonna sound awesome with a good set of over-ear headphones...

Penny Lane

I can't find a picture but I got as an Xmas gift--the Futurebirds limited edition EP vinyl, hand painted album cover (by the band)..there were 300 or so done. It's now my favorite album.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 10, 2012, 11:18 PM
I can't find a picture but I got as an Xmas gift--the Futurebirds limited edition EP vinyl, hand painted album cover (by the band)..there were 300 or so done. It's now my favorite album.
That's awesome Penny.  When I saw them at the Red Palace with Sassbox, I talked to Tom Johnson at the merch table about the EP and he said it would be a bit longer.   When it came out, I was tight for cash and wasn't feeling $21 for a 6 song EP.  I terribly regret that decision now.

Jeff the Brotherhood - We Are the Champions and Heavy Days

Thee Oh Sees - Carrion Crawler the Dream

Fucked Up - David Comes to Life

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 11, 2012, 09:09 AM

This was in the jukebox at the bar last night. Only played a few tracks but I dug what I heard.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Ruckus

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jan 11, 2012, 09:24 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 11, 2012, 09:09 AM

This was in the jukebox at the bar last night. Only played a few tracks but I dug what I heard.
Well, if you dig easy on the ears hardcore/hard classic rock concept albums...there you are.  It's rare that this type of album doesn't grow old on me and so finally I had to just buy it.

searchinbig

I thought that was available here??

http://monstersoffolk.kungfustore.com/

Definitely a MUST have. The package is top notch.

I think the blue copy is limited. There's that word again, limited.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

johnnYYac

Quote from: searchinbig on Jan 11, 2012, 12:04 PM

I thought that was available here??

http://monstersoffolk.kungfustore.com/

Definitely a MUST have. The package is top notch.

I think the blue copy is limited. There's that word again, limited.
I think I tried here once and they didn't have any in stock.  I see they list it w/digital download and only $25.  The copy I received had the CD instead of a download.  No matter; I just want the vinyl.  I guess $35 shipped from England ain't too bad. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jones

Dr. Dog Shame, Shame (orange vinyl)

Crispy

From Karate Body:

and because I needed a new copy:

:)

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

headhunter

Vinyl sales are up big time.  Last Friday there was a major article in The Wall Street Journal and now another one from CNBC yesterday

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46203564/
was some shakin' and some record playin'

bold992006

King Curtis Live at the Fillmore West.  This should be in everyone's vinyl collection.  One of the most incredible bands ever assembled.

King Curtis - Saxophone
Cornell Dupree - Electric guitar
Jerry Jemmot - Bass guitar
Pancho Morales - Congas
Billy Preston - Electric Organ
Bernard Purdie - Drums
Truman Thomas - Electric piano
The Memphis Horns:

Jack Hale - Trombone
Roger Hopps - Trumpet
Wayne Jackson - Lead, Trumpet
Andrew Love - Tenor Saxophone
Jimmy Mitchell - Baritone Saxophone

jones

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus