What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

a 7" from old faves from Chapel Hill, with Ryan Pickett on guitar...

And some pre-orders to surprise me throughout the fall...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

he.who.forgets

The Clash - Combat Rock
Traffic - John Barleycorn must die
Traffic - Greatest Hits
Santana & Buddy Miles - live
Blood Sweat & tears - 3

ManNamedTruth

Got the new Pixies EP in the mail today, bought the Pinback and Deathfix records at the show last friday.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Come Closer

The Doppelgangaz- Loan Sharks (pumped about the reissue, great album)
Nighthawks (Cage & Camu Tao)- S/T
Leak Bros (Cage & Tame One)- Waterworld
Drag the River- Closed
Drag the River- You Can't Live This Way

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

I got this beauty today:

Eels' Blinking Lights and Other Revelations, numbered and "begrudgingly signed by the author himself."

Also,

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ManNamedTruth

Happy to find this one at Half Price Books, they don't have a real deep selection of new stuff but they will always have some random gems. Also I enjoy looking at this without the album title printed on the cover.

ManNamedTruth

I went to the store just to get the new Pearl Jam CD today since they sell new releases a day early, and ended up with a nice haul. Almost passed on Nebraska but they told me buy 3 and get one free.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Oct 14, 2013, 09:14 PM
I went to the store just to get the new Pearl Jam CD today since they sell new releases a day early, and ended up with a nice haul. Almost passed on Nebraska but they told me buy 3 and get one free.

Nice. I love Nebraska.
How loud can silence get?

TheThird

[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Come Closer

Crispy

(I wanted a signed copy)

Seems like there was a theme going on...

then I saw this:

(the one with a fucking cobra on it)

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ManNamedTruth

weeniebeenie

Townes!!! I love that album. Fare Thee Well Miss Carousel is probably my favourite.
How loud can silence get?

johnnYYac

I just ordered this from PopMarket.  Looking forward to hearing it.  I've only heard the one song with excellent video posted on the PopMarket site (and now below).  The opening instrumental reminds me of "Putting Out Fire".  Time to start or revive a Bowie thread...

David Bowie - The Stars (Are Out Tonight)

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Come Closer

Preordered this one, yet  another good album by them.

Come Closer

I just bought some stuff on oldies.com, they're having clearance sale that I'm hoping is legit. Picked up Floating Action for $6.39, Apollo Brown's The Reset for $5.09! There was a lot of stuff on there that boarders would enjoy for low prices. Blitzen Trapper, Band of Horses, Arbouretum, etc.