What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

Wilco collection nearing completion!

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ralph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 23, 2011, 05:21 PM
Wilco collection nearing completion!

I love that cover better than the CD cover...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ralph

not sure why I keep buying vinyl when I dont have a working record player at the moment but over the last few weeks:

Especially happy bout picking up Broken Arrow...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: ralph on Dec 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
not sure why I keep buying vinyl when I dont have a working record player at the moment but over the last few weeks:

Especially happy bout picking up Broken Arrow...

Get a good deal on Broken Arrow? I'd love to have it, but they're all on ebay for $150+

ralph

Get a good deal on Broken Arrow? I'd love to have it, but they're all on ebay for $150+

$80! bargain....

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: ralph on Dec 23, 2011, 09:09 PM

$80! bargain....

NICE!

Jon T.

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 23, 2011, 04:45 PM
Jon,
It's possible your cartridge isn't set up right. Sometimes you can set the proper weight dor tracking purposes.  If it too heavy for your tonearm to lift, the azimuth and or weight is probably wrong.  Do u live near an audio store that might be able to help?
When properly set up, you should never have any of those problems.
Is your adapter a phono pre amp or something else?
By adapter, I mean it did not fit on my tone arm the way it came.  I had to put on an additional piece on the cartridge in order for it to fit my tone arm.  It is definitely too heavy.  I did a search of what kind of cart is recommended for my tt.  It was only around $50, which is a good happy medium between the $15 one I bought and the $150 one I was considering.  Hopefully this will clear the sound up.  I appreciate everyone's help!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Pretty productive day at the shops...

And #0001 of this....

j_rud

Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

headhunter

All are awesome. GH is the obvious classic but that Calexico lp is a fantastic find, especially on vinyl.  Guessing you must already have the I&W /Calexico Into The Reins lp too but the Black Light is also a special one that is really special on vinyl. Enjoy,
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

All new vinyl, $50 shipped.

And, on CD via eBay...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

j_rud

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 26, 2011, 09:15 PM
All are awesome. GH is the obvious classic but that Calexico lp is a fantastic find, especially on vinyl.  Guessing you must already have the I&W /Calexico Into The Reins lp too but the Black Light is also a special one that is really special on vinyl. Enjoy,

I dont actually but Im always on the lookout for it. I just got done listening to Black Light, it really is outstanding. Its a great headphones album, some of the vocal work just makes you smile ear to ear.

I have so much new stuff to go through, I came home with 18 albums today. In addition to the 4 I posted I raided my in laws garage after my wifes dad told me he had "5 or 6 boxes" out there. Mostly classic rock stuff but walked away with a few gems like Aretha Franklin Live at the Filmore, The Supremes doing British invasion covers, and Tug McGraw reciting Casey at the Bat. The latter two and a couple others should get me some decent value in trade.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 26, 2011, 07:53 PM
Pretty productive day at the shops...

And #0001 of this....

Forgot that I finally picked these up on amazon too...

j_rud

Picked this up today, been after it since I started with vinyl. Found it in the "new used" section, interestingly enough it looks like someone broke up their Heady Nuggs box set. Why I have no idea, but their  bad decision is my gain...

kotchishm

Kurt Vile - God Is Saying This to You # 540/1000

Also via Amazon

Walkmen - You & Me and Lisbon
Iron and Wine - Shepherd's Dog
Dan Auerbach - Keep It Hid
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Crispy

Outstanding Kurt Vile pickup, kotch.

Acquired today at Hastings, of all places, the only vinyl source in my town. The Joy Formidable:

Does ANYbody else dig this?

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ChronicHunger

Joy formidable are pretty good, i work with a dude whos a huge fan. Good, but that album got the shit played out of it at my store.

Crispy

Quote from: ChronicHunger on Dec 31, 2011, 12:03 AM
Joy formidable are pretty good, i work with a dude whos a huge fan. Good, but that album got the shit played out of it at my store.
I get the feeling I was late to the Joy Formidable party, most people thought it was lame, and I'm the guy wearing the lampshade.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Hawkeye

We could.