Shame, Shame
Blue Album
Pinkerton
Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Girls Can Tell

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 09, 2012, 01:35 PM
Does anyone else use this site? www.interpunk.com

Yep! I bought a Dr. Dog/Floating Action split 7" there.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Ruckus

Wolf People - Steeple - FINALLY!  now hopefully they put something out this year

Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave - After Sara restarted that old thread, I remembered that I hadn't gotten this one on vinyl yet.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Whoa, I just ordered that Wolf People record, I wish it would hurry up and get here!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Come Closer

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ManNamedTruth

More of a trade than a purchase.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

original pressings of:

Neil Young - After the Gold Rush
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach

35bucks.  hell yes.

Fully

Devil Ledbetter

My most recent vinyl purchases were a 1967 pressing of The Moody Blues Days of Future Passed, and Pink Floyd Meddle. Both were at a funky little alleyway record store I happened across in Victoria, BC.

The original DoFP master tapes were damaged, so the 1967 version is different from the 1978 remastered rerelease, and has never been reproduced on CD. I was pretty excited to find the original vinyl. Unfortunately the sound quality on this did not stand the test of 40+ years and is pretty sketchy.
We understand it's the '90s.

DewieCox

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Feb 20, 2012, 10:38 AM
My most recent vinyl purchases were a 1967 pressing of The Moody Blues Days of Future Passed, and Pink Floyd Meddle. Both were at a funky little alleyway record store I happened across in Victoria, BC.

MEDDLE!!!!! I need to fucking get a slab of this.

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: DewieCox on Feb 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Feb 20, 2012, 10:38 AM

MEDDLE!!!!! I need to fucking get a slab of this.

It's just the best.

Pink Floyd - Meddle - 03 - Fearless

Hawkeye

Ok, kinda funny story with this one.  Bought my wife a pair of earrings and a Kathleen Lolley print ("Creation of Fireflies") for Valentine's Day.  So I get a package in the mail, thinking it's the Lolley print.  I put a bow on it, write a nice note, and set it on the table all proud.  My wife and her mom show up at our place and I tell her to open it...she's like "this isn't a record is it?"...and i'm all "no of course not"...turns out it was the ISM record.  I felt like a boner of a husband, but we got a good laugh out of it!  Even funnier, I'm like "well you know what size your gift is now"...and she's like "it's an owl picture, isn't it"...dammit!  She's so good at guessing my gifts... :embarassed:...Still waiting on the print and the earrings.

Here's the print I got:

We're having an owl themed nursery, so I thought this would fit.  Our little "owl" bringing light into our lives!  Bonus:  some day I'll get to explain the MMJ connection to the little one  :thumbsup:
We could.

Devil Ledbetter

Good story. And I love that owl print!

ryno2133

just bought M83's Hurry Up, We're Dreaming..

can't say enough about it!
ResonantPassage Indie Music Blog
www.resonantpassage.net

Jon T.

Quote from: Hawkeye on Feb 20, 2012, 11:58 AM

Ok, kinda funny story with this one.  Bought my wife a pair of earrings and a Kathleen Lolley print ("Creation of Fireflies") for Valentine's Day.  So I get a package in the mail, thinking it's the Lolley print.  I put a bow on it, write a nice note, and set it on the table all proud.  My wife and her mom show up at our place and I tell her to open it...she's like "this isn't a record is it?"...and i'm all "no of course not"...turns out it was the ISM record.  I felt like a boner of a husband, but we got a good laugh out of it!  Even funnier, I'm like "well you know what size your gift is now"...and she's like "it's an owl picture, isn't it"...dammit!  She's so good at guessing my gifts... :embarassed:...Still waiting on the print and the earrings.

Here's the print I got:

We're having an owl themed nursery, so I thought this would fit.  Our little "owl" bringing light into our lives!  Bonus:  some day I'll get to explain the MMJ connection to the little one  :thumbsup:

We have an owl themed nursery too! I think I've posted a pic on here before.  Let me see if I can find it...

Crispy

I got Cortney Tidwell's Stars EP on vinyl, which I figure is a hell of a find, and I got this out-of-print gem from GEMM:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 22, 2012, 10:30 PM
I got Cortney Tidwell's Stars EP on vinyl, which I figure is a hell of a find, and I got this out-of-print gem from GEMM:

Excellent album!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill