What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Wear out your old copy of Z, YAGTF?  :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 PM

MMJ is embarassingly under-represented in my vinyl collection. All I've got is At Dawn, acoustic citsuoca, louisville '08 10", and Circuital.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Crispy

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jan 31, 2013, 01:03 PM

MMJ is embarassingly under-represented in my vinyl collection. All I've got is At Dawn, acoustic citsuoca, louisville '08 10", and Circuital.

:shocked: 

I was so shocked by this, that it took me hours to recover and respond. You should get TTF, it's great on vinyl, and the later pressing of ISM is better than the first.

Also, when I saw "louisville '08 10"" I thought you were talking about Louisville Is for Lovers from '08 and '10, and nearly had a heart attack until I realized you were talking about Celebración De La Ciudad Natal.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 31, 2013, 03:45 PM

I was so shocked by this, that it took me hours to recover and respond. You should get TTF, it's great on vinyl, and the later pressing of ISM is better than the first.

Also, when I saw "louisville '08 10"" I thought you were talking about Louisville Is for Lovers from '08 and '10, and nearly had a heart attack until I realized you were talking about Celebración De La Ciudad Natal.

I've heard the early pressing of ISM (Badman pressing) was the superior version on this forum in the past, so witch is it? I only have the pic disc of ISM and would eventually like to get another.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Crispy

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 31, 2013, 04:49 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 31, 2013, 03:45 PM

I've heard the early pressing of ISM (Badman pressing) was the superior version on this forum in the past, so witch is it? I only have the pic disc of ISM and would eventually like to get another.

It was my understanding that the Badman pressing wasn't as good as ATO's, but maybe I have it backwards. I have both, so I'll give a listen later.

johnnYYac

Darla has TTF 180 gram 2xLPs for $10 due to a "bendy corner".  I picked one up to have a back-up set of LPs.  Credit to ewind for pointing this out to me.

http://darla.com/index.php?fuseaction=item_cat.ecom_superitem_detail&item_cat_id=40543
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

GO4IT

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 31, 2013, 08:53 PM
Darla has TTF 180 gram 2xLPs for $10 due to a "bendy corner".  I picked one up to have a back-up set of LPs.  Credit to ewind for pointing this out to me.

http://darla.com/index.php?fuseaction=item_cat.ecom_superitem_detail&item_cat_id=40543
What is a "bendy corner", just the album jacket or the vinyl itself?

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: GO4IT on Jan 31, 2013, 08:59 PM

What kind of circle has a corner?  :wink: Sorry I've been feeling very smartassy lately.

GO4IT

I just looked at my copy of TTF and it is clear orange.  I don't think it's 180 gram.

Crispy

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 31, 2013, 09:04 PM

What kind of circle has a corner?  :wink: Sorry I've been feeling very smartassy lately.

Man, if you hadn't said it, I would have. I just feel smartassy every day.

Guess I could get one of those bendy corner jobs as a back-up to my back-up...

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 31, 2013, 09:15 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 31, 2013, 09:04 PM

Man, if you hadn't said it, I would have. I just feel smartassy every day.

Guess I could get one of those bendy corner jobs as a back-up to my back-up...

They don't call us "those forum assholes" for nothing.  :beer:

ralph

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

YouAre_GivenToFly

e_wind

Hey everybody, I got my copy of TTF with the "bendy corner" and I can't even tell what its referring to. Its not even creased. the case is just kind of, not flat. You can't even tell without hearing it first. Great deal for 10$.

and YAGTF,  thats fucking awesome. I was obsessed with that Desa album when I was 16.

I just got this at Grimeys before the Jim show:

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 04, 2013, 12:22 PM
Hey everybody, I got my copy of TTF with the "bendy corner" and I can't even tell what its referring to. Its not even creased. the case is just kind of, not flat. You can't even tell without hearing it first. Great deal for 10$.

I have that single, too!

Also ordered TTF for $10, waiting for it to arrive.

e_wind

I'm going heavy on a hardcore kick right now...

possibly my favorite EP of all time:

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 04, 2013, 12:22 PM
I got mine just now, and it looks pristine.  I wonder if someone pulled clean, un-bendy copies to fill these orders by mistake.  Definitely worth ordering if you don't have TTF vinyl or if you're wearing it out and need backup.  :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Hawkeye

We could.

Penny Lane

Eric and Dan---was TO WILLIE on sale somewhere?

i'd like to get  :cool:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

I bought it physically at Grimeys in Nashville, and it was 9.99